Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Tell me about Glentress
  • Pigface
    Free Member

As above please, what is Peebles like?

Cougar

He was pretty good in New Jack City.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Peebles – sounds like a disease of sheep

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Seriously

Glentress is a fantastic facility with loads of trails for all abilities. A great day or twos entertainment for any level of cycling skill / fitness.

Peebles is a nice borders market town.

Cougar

They also pobble, but don’t fall down.

Hohum
    Free Member

It’s a quaint little town in the Scottish Borders.

My in-laws have habit of taking my family and I there to stay in Peebles Hydro Hotel. Now I know this may sound ungrateful, but I don’t like staying there and it bores me silly. We are due to go again this summer, but I have told my wife that I will only go if I can disappear every day and go to Glentress or Innerleithen and she is happy for me to do this 🙂

Cougar

I liked Glentress a lot. It’s my favouritest of all the Stanes. We’re off up there in a few weeks (assuming I ever manage to pay the campsite after they decided to try and take payment after I’d cancelled the card).

Lots of gubbins on their official site.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Pigface

What kind of riding do you like and how far would you need to travel to get there?

Glentress has a red and blue grade downhill orientated xc circuits which are huge fun. The black is black more because of the distance rather than obstacles. I would say Kirroughtree red and black combo is better fun, BUT you can ride the black and then mix in the red and blue at Glentress to your heart’s delight.

It is a great facility, and you also have the very excellent Innerleithen which is much more DH orientated, including the mad XC route which combines with the DH towards the end.

In all, some fantastic fun rides to be had. I would always recommend people go there the once as the fun factor is huge.

hels
    Free Member

The Guardian covered Peebles in their “lets move to” recently.

It’s a small town, within commuting distance of a big city. Very pretty but fairly typical and strangely there are no decent boozers but some acceptable restaurants. It’s not chavvy like Innerleithen or Walkerburn.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I prefer Innerleithen to GT in that area.

I prefer Kirroughtree to both.

Each to their own, eh?

dazzlingboy

I prefer Innerleithen to GT in that area.

I prefer Kirroughtree to both.

Each to their own, eh?

+1, but Glentress has the great ability to mix and match routes which Inners doesn’t really – once you’re on the red then you’re committed, unless of course you break out the map and head off piste. Glentress can be made into a huge epic or the best of routes can be combined to make a great whole. Looking forward to the new blue route section too.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

They also pobble, but don’t fall down.

#win

Diane
    Free Member

It’s not chavvy like Innerleithen or Walkerburn.
    Excuse me! Innerleithen is very classy and has two tattoo parlours no less and Walkerburn has a very fine fancy goods shop (OK i’ts the post office but recently very tastefully refurbished!) 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Peebles is a sound little town and was made all the more interesting due to the local young farmers type do we gatecrashed!! Great base for inners and glentress!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Glentress’ is closed to new replies.