Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Tell me about Gaggia Bean to Cup machines
  • johndoh
    Free Member

Just been sent some offers through on Gaggia machines – I currently have a Classic and had been pondering an upgrade for a while – they are offering the Brera for £330 and the Unika for £275

Anyone have any thoughts on these?

Ta

johndoh
    Free Member

Anyone????

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’ve got the Brera. Had it for about 18 months and really impressed, I like the coffee it makes. Had a couple of Krups machines before, both broke after about 12 months. The Gaggia so far has never missed a beat. If you can get one for £330 do it. No doubt others might disagree with me but I like the simplicity when I want a decent cup of coffee.

NJA

I have the Brera too – It’s ace, and at that price a bargain. Get One you won’t regret it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Does the Brera have two heaters (ie separate ones for the coffee and the steamer)?

craigxxl
    Free Member

I have the Titanium. It was a reconditioned unit from their clearance shop. Looked like new, had only made 125 cups but was nearly £200 cheaper than new. Had it around 4 years now and no problems but it doesn’t like the oily beans as they tend to clog the grinder. Once it was setup I haven’t had to touch it other than cleaning. It tells you when it needs descaling and being in a soft water area that been twice since I bought it.

andyl46
    Free Member

Have a platinum event, I bought it for parts and fixed it. It is temperamental, but when it works it makes a superb cup of coffee.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Coffee machines are great when you have to make endless cups of coffee quickly, like in a cafe. For your morning jolt you’ll get better results using an espresso pot.

johndoh
    Free Member

Coffee machines are great when you have to make endless cups of coffee quickly, like in a cafe. For your morning jolt you’ll get better results using an espresso pot.

Nah – I have one of those and I do like to use it sometimes but (as far as I am concerned, in my opinion) a coffee from a machine is much nicer. And as my coffee of choice is cappuccino, a machine makes it much easier than faffing with heating milk and manually frothing it.

(IMO)

ericemel
    Free Member

I have a syncro compact digital for 6 years now and it has been faultless, makes a great espresso or Americano. I haven’t used the steamer function so cannot comment.

Overall I rate it and it has lasted much longer than I expected!

(I also disagree with the espresso pot comment!)

boblo
    Free Member

suburbanreuben – Member

With respect, that’s bolleaux.

matthewjb
    Free Member

I have a Titanium as well

Great consistent coffee. So far mine has made nearly 8,000 cups of coffee.

I generally drink espresso but it’s easy to froth up the milk if you need it.

johndoh
    Free Member

Well I tried a Brera today and the espresso was very good.

But I still can’t decide whether I *want* the ease or if I prefer the faff I get using my Classic – it’s part of the experience isn’t it?

And inside – PLASTIC! Lots of it. Certainly not a solidly-built as my present one.

Hmmmmmm

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Gaggia Bean to Cup machines’ is closed to new replies.