Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tell me about Finale, Italy…..
  • alpin
    Free Member

my mate got a video featuring some trails from finale (ligure) and thought it might be worth thinkng about for next year/future.

so who's been? accommodation?

and links to some routes that can be displayed on Google Earth. i've tried searching but can't find any.

chushty.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Just been on holiday with Riviera who work with another Italian company over in Finale. I didn't ride there myself, but the riding where we were was some of the most fun singletrack I've ever had the pleasure to ride.

steveh

I went over with a few mates earlier this year with just ride and we did a day with riviera bike too. The riding between the 2 places is very different.

Finale is very gravity orientated with uplift run by finale freeride full time and other companies as they need. The trails are great but i wish i'd taken my full on dh bike with me rather than my 5" xc bike. Damage for the week was a blown set of 36's and a few other bits from the pounding.

You can do a self organised trip very easily using finale freeride for uplift and guiding.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

If you're doing it on the cheap, there's a campsite almost in the centre of town, a short walk to the bars and food. Lovely place and beautiful Italian girls. I haven't biked there, went sports climbing, for which it's also famous for.

Sam

I went over for SSIT this year and had a great time. Didn't ride as much or stay for as long as I would have liked to or the place merits.

nasher
    Free Member

Hi Alpin

I know Finale very well and we are running trips there for 2010, using local guides and shuttles.

If you are doing DIY there are many uplifts avaiable there, but they are geared up for daily shuttles, and mainly do the same runs which you will run out of in a couple of days. There are a couple of others who may be able to offer more diverse stuff.

If you want any info drop us a line.

We are slowly putting some videos up (once we can get over the copyright for the music on you tube) They are some mates trying to ride their Santa Cruz'es, might give you an idea of the other stuff available.

Part 1 – Intro
    Part 2 – Val Argentina
    Part 4 – San Romolo
    Part 11 – Cervo

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Finale, Italy…..’ is closed to new replies.