Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Looking for some advice on Finale
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Some how managed to convince my family to go to Finale for a summer break. Found a great looking place to stay which should keep them happy.

Now I just need to sort out getting there and the riding.

So…

1st question – Best way to get there? Ryanair flies direct to Genoa but is pricey so looking at Lufthansa which has a change at Munich, takes about 3 hours longer but is 50% of the price. Anyone done either routes/airlines with a bike and can share experiences or has suggestions on how to get there? (not driving though)

2nd question – I’m going to be riding a day on / day off. Looking at 3 days in total riding. Considering mostly uplift days but at the same time I’ve been tempted by a half / full day enduro tour which is pedal and go. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do and companies to guide?

So far been in touch with Finale Freeride and looking at their Defender tour and Classic tour but don’t want to miss out on anything else.

Cheers.

honourablegeorge

Nice is best place to fly to. Finale Freeride are top people.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Thanks – opens up a new option

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Some good times on those flights early departure and late return 🙂

neilc1881
    Free Member

We did the Munich stopover last year. Was a bit of a nightmare with 3 children and didn’t even take a bike. We did get the train up from Genoa which was very crowded and again hellish with 3 extremely tired young children.
    Once there I only managed to get out for one day riding. Hired a bike and got a couple of maps with trails marked on them, pieced together a day of riding and managed not to see another mtber all day other than in town. The trails were excellent.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Booked Flights to Nice – Half term week was a nightmare on cost so going to take the kids out of school for a day and save around £800!!!

Whats the best way to transfer from Nice to Finale? I’m thinking of hiring a car but at the sametime it may be easier to taxi/train/bus it.

chief1409
    Free Member

We flew to Nice and were picked up by Just Ride Finale in their shuttle bus in Sept 16. Best weekend biking I’ve ever had.

Louise is a top guide and can tailor riding to whatever you want it to be – good mix of pedalling or uplift served runs available.

We’ll be going back! (not this year mind you…. Sierra Nevada with Ciclo Montana this year).

Fat-boy-fat

2nd what the chiefster said.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Looking for some advice on Finale’ is closed to new replies.