Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tell me about endowment policies
  • steve-g
    Free Member

Hi

I am going to be 30 in a couple of weeks time and I think I want to set up a 10 year endowment policy to mature on my 40th just to take the edge off getting old.

Are there any places that offer 10 year endowment policies where i can just pay in say 50 a month, or is there a better way of having untouchable savings for 10 years?

teef
    Free Member

Don’t touch an endowment policy – do they still actually sell these? They were the .com shares / 125% mortgages of their day – flogged by the crooked financial industry to old mug public. High charges and poor performance is usually what to expect from an endowment policy. Drip feed the money into a cash ISA or buy some Gold and Silver.

bassspine
    Free Member

40 – OLD ?!?!?! You young whippersnapper!!

maxray
    Free Member

As someone devoid of fiscal knowledge what other sort of stuff is there bar an isa that you can take out over a 10 year period.. Id quite like to pay a monthly amoutn into something a bit higher risk with the potential for better reward.. a bit like the lottery I guess 😀

Stoner
    Free Member

max, http://www.edinburghuktracker.co.uk/aam.nsf/itedinuktracker/investshareplan but min £100 pm

I have my share portfolios/ISAs with these guys https://www.share.com/a/regular-investment-service.html

they also have a regular investor product.

teef
    Free Member

Id quite like to pay a monthly amoutn into something a bit higher risk with the potential for better reward..

Higher risk usually means higher losses in my experience – What about Irish Government bonds?

Stoner
    Free Member

What about Irish Government bonds?

at 8% Im thinking about getting some 😉

Ive made a nice little earner on BP since they were all doom and gloom. Bought at 348p, now at 440p. +26.5% since June.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about endowment policies’ is closed to new replies.