Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tell me about Doha
  • DrJ

Thinking of applying for a job in Doha. Given that I like cool weather, hills and greenery that seems like it could be a massive mistake, but are there any advantages apart from $$$$$$$$$ ?

ChrisHeath

Given your ‘likes’, no. 🙂

vintagewino
    Free Member

it’s dead flat and pretty hot. I’ve visited for work a few times, I could think of worse places to live for a couple of years but it depends on your circumstances. If you want nightlife you’ll probably want to fly to Dubai every weekend (1hr). Might be nice and chilled with a young family and the $$$$ is attractive. There is money sloshing around there like you wouldn’t believe. You’d probably want to forget about mtn biking and go full roadie.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Klunk
    Free Member

go full roadie

never go full roadie

molgrips
    Free Member

Many countries don’t have ‘countryside’ the way that we’re used to, just space between cities. I think Doha may be one of those but I’m not sure.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Well it’s changed a lot and it’s improving all the time. It is much much smaller and quieter than Dubai (which isn’t necessarily a bad thing).

There are however a few good hotel bars and a few things to do but it’s mainly about the work and then spending your vacation elsewhere. Flight connections are pretty good, India/Himalayas is pretty close if you want to explore there, Oman is stunning.

EDIT: I have friends who live and work there and I visit regularly on businesses, if you drop me an email (in profile) I’ll put you in touch with them.

jambalaya
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Many countries don’t have ‘countryside’ the way that we’re used to, just space between cities. I think Doha may be one of those but I’m not sure.

I think Qatar only has one city ! There are only 300,000 locals

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Doha’ is closed to new replies.