Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Tell me about Cadair Idris
  • whippersnapper
    Free Member

ahhhh, Lucas reveals his identity…

Character building, hmmmm. The High Street in driving wind and rain in a pair of shorts in October is enough to make you think you'll end up with Nick Ross on 999. Made even more scary by SFB's recent High Street photos thread earlier in the month.

walleater

Having ridden Snowdon and Cadair Idris, I'd say that Snowdon is the better of the two, although I've been luckier with the view from the top on Cadair. I remember the climb being 100% rideable until you swing around and go for the final slog. This is the legal way though. At the time, the top section down was some of the gnarliest riding I'd done as I'd only got 60mm forks on the front. Shame the fireroad down the rest of it is a bit dull. I'd say it's well worth a trip up on a bike.

As for it not being proper mountain biking, most of my rides above Vancouver involve walking uphill quite a bit, so if anyone thinks that Thetford is more 'mountain bikey' than the North Shore then you must be tapped in the head!

bill-oddie
    Free Member

hey. i’m thinking of heading over to ride cadair idris next weekend and was wondering if anyone could recomend a good, tough loop to link up with the cadair idris out and back ride? i.e go to the top, ride back down and then do a loop after that.

DavidM
    Free Member

Bill – not sure if this is quite what your after but we rode Climachx in the morning then made the breif drive to Cadair Idris and went up that afternoon. Was pretty good, if fairly knackering day out

grievoustim
    Free Member

z1ppy – the photo you like is using a technique called Tilt Shifting.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Cadair Idris’ is closed to new replies.