Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • tell me about Burls custom ti frames…
  • ibnchris

Once I’ve sold a few more bits and bobs (Vespa 250 anyone?) I am hoping to get myself a nice new hardtail.

It’ll probably have big wheels and it’d be nice to be made of titanium and one day I might do a tour on it so it’d be good to have rack mounts. Since no other ti 29ers seem to have rack mounts it looks like designing my own is a good option. I was very surprised however, to see it’d only be a grand to design and build your own ti frame…(most off the shelf ti frames are over a grand)

So, is there a catch? Or is this really the perfect option?

mcboo
    Free Member

Here’s mine

Justin will build you exactly what you want, he’s really a pleasure to deal with. I was looking for a Ti 29er, couldnt get excited about Lynskeys and so on and couldnt face dropping £3k on a Kent Erikson or Indy-Fab. Mine spends most of its time dressed for XC racing but I just had a week on the big hills in Tenerife on it, all I did was add a dropper post and some big tyres and happily picked my way down.

Went for a ride today with one of the very fast guys from my club, he’d liked the look of mine, sent Justin the geometry of a S-Works Stumpy and asked him to replicate in Ti. Another lovely bike.

ibnchris

Thanks Mcboo. Sounds like a pretty good endorsement. I emailed him and he came straight back too…

Out of interest what sort of weight is yours? Looks similar spec to what I’d want. I’m going I have it built round a 120mm fork though with a view to getting a rigid fork to interchange…

mcboo
    Free Member

Chris I totally missed this….mine in XL is 23.5lb as seen

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘tell me about Burls custom ti frames…’ is closed to new replies.