Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Tell me about Buckley and Ruthin!
  • teenrat

A job may be coming up in Buckley and i was after info on what the places are like to live in. Seems like an ideal location to me with Chester and Manchester in easy reach, but with snowdonia on the doorstep!

tazzymtb

Rough as hell in a lot of places..or really posh in some of the outskirts of Chester…buckley queensferry hawarden wrexham..caergwle…..avoid if possible….ruthin…better but still not great. House are cheap though

stew1982
    Free Member

Nice part of the world (North West) lots of great riding – whats not to like?!

project
    Free Member

Ewloe, and Hawarden nice places, Rhuthin, well welshy, nice place, poor public transport, big hill out of there, prone to flooding in places,Buckley, not bad in places, train station, supermarket,Ambulance Hq and thats about it.Handy for A55

fastindian
    Free Member

[tazzymtb – Member

Rough as hell in a lot of places..or really posh in some of the outskirts of Chester…buckley queensferry hawarden wrexham..caergwle…..avoid if possible….
    quote]

EXCUSE ME, While Queensferry is not so good and Wrexham has got a few rough spots, the rest are good places to live without any problems. Good transport links, access to good local facilities and EXCELLENT RIDING (Clwyds, Snowdonia etc)!!!

Generally a nice place to live…..so there!

allfankledup

The Tivoli in Buckley used to have the worlds stickiest carpets

Depending on what you want and how far you’d commute, I’d choose Llangollen as a base and drive to work….

Used to live in Wrexham wasn’t to bad half hour ride to Llandegla.

Allfankledup: Ah the Tivoli had some great metal nights there 👿

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Why Ruthin? As mentioned previously its a bit Welsh and its the other side of the Clwydians from Buckley. Mold and villages near to it like Sychydyn, Cilcain and Pantymywn are nearer and nicer. Choose wisely there and you could ride from your back door onto the Clwydians. Lots of nice places between Chester and Wrexham like Higher Kinnerton, Dodleston, Rosset, Marford and Gresford. A55 great for getting to Snowdonia in a hurry so don’t think you have to live in deepest Denbighshire to get to Snowdonia quickly.

Wherever you choose you’ll be in a great part of the world with friendly people. I’m in the process of moving back to Chester after 7 years exile in the S of England and I feel like I’ve just been released from prison.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

^^^^^^ I live in one of those nice places 🙂

Lots of very nice places to live, house prices vary a lot in only a few miles. Take your time a pick wisely. Personally I think its a great place to live, lots of big places close enough and lots of nice bumpy bits to have fun on.

Loads of fantastic riding, trail centres, natural stuff and road (if that’s your thing). Has been know to rain now and then (but were isn’t at the moment). Snowdonia is great but don’t miss the bits in between.

plecostomus
    Free Member

Tazz couldn’t be anymore wrong he must live in the midlands or something, Ruthin is nice rural farming market town it’s got all you will need, yes it’s quite welsh but then again so am I. There’s nice and not so nice place of everywhere. You will have some amazing riding on your doorstep and lots of trails where you won’t see many people. Give us a shout if your heading this way. I live in deepest darkest Denbighshire I wouldn’t have it any other way.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Oh ye and Ruthin has one of the best Restaurants I’ve eaten in – “On the Hill”

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Buckley and Ruthin!’ is closed to new replies.