Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Tell me about Brooks saddles?
  • HTTP404
    Free Member

any good for off-road? and if so – which one?

MrNutt
    Free Member

they are made by quixotic nuns who have taken to the vows of the balaclava helmet.

bassspine
    Free Member

I've heard that many people find them too slippery for off-road riding…?

(if you buy one you will mince when you walk for the first 2000 miles, until your groin is formed to the shape of the saddle)

ton

very slippy offroad, even more uncomfy..
    very good after 15 years of rain and use on a tourer tho

Waderider
    Free Member

It doesn't take that ^ long to break them in. A few months of regular use maybe.

A bit sensitive to lots of rain and mud, but the only saddle I use. How anyone can call them uncomfy is beyond me…….

joemetcalfm
    Free Member

it could look a little odd on a modern mtb. im imagining an orange 224 with a brown brooks on it now.

ton

they are so so uncomfy.

pitduck
    Free Member

mines a b17 and is very comfy

angryratio
    Free Member

A colleague has one on his cannondale badboy commuter.
    he seems to use his all weathers, as a result he moves them on via ebay and maybe loses a tenner on each one.
    I've seen one last 8 weeks with a cool rad dude using one.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ive got a pair of brooks b17s –

best saddles ever !

tan one on my tri cross i use for commuting and shopping – best thing is i dont have to have a chamois on – ride to work and to the shops in jeans if i want – 10 miles or so without notice it

black one on my rig – it took loads longer to break in than the tan one which is apparently common.

pitduck
    Free Member

mines green 8)

theyEye
    Free Member

I have my ooold b17 on my pig as well. Get weird looks sometimes, but would never ever change it — it's more comfortable than my sofa. Ruined me for other saddles so I can no longer borrow friends'/rent bikes unless I bring my brooks along — what a pain in the a*s!

Haven't had any slippage problems.

woffle
    Free Member

Grand saddles but leather can be heavy which is a downer if you're a weight weenie. Expensive but v.well made.

+1 on the comfort.

hora
    Free Member

Trying to be different for niche-sake?

There are far better saddles IMO unless you want that retro-look.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Had a B17 but couldn't get on with it, did about 500 miles on it and it still felt like a was sitting on a large cricket ball, hard as nails, and slippery – had to have it at an uncomfortable angle to stop me sliding onto the toptube, so went back to my other saddle, people swear by them but I swore at mine, probably needed more breaking in but it felt like the saddle was breaking me in. Eventually sold it for more than I paid for it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Brooks saddles?’ is closed to new replies.