Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Tell me about Bioethanol fireplaces?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Would love to have a woodburner or real fire in our living room but we have no chimney and budget doesn’t allow for burner plus flue installation.

Came across Bioethanol burning free standing/wall mounted fireplaces. Not seen them before and i like the idea of them as a focal/decorative homely touch.

Anyone have them at all, views please?

drjones
    Free Member

I have a bioethanol fire in my front room, we first started with a tabletop/decorative model to try them out first. It was a nice feature and considering it only used a small amount of bioethanol in a filling it put out quite a lot of heat, maybe 1 kw. After some time we decided to get a larger and more prominent focal point, again powered by ethanol. This time we purchased a ribbon style fire, 600mm long and producing 3.5 Kw, this is adjustable. We are very pleased with how they work, you need to be careful to choose the right model for you room size and the running cost with your budget, also be careful when re-fueling as this is when accidents can happen. Over some time you can get some soot on the burner which simple wipes off with a damp cloth. The fuel we purchase is about 3 pounds per litre, when you compare this with the price of a net of logs from the garage the running costs are not to dissimilar. This is where we got our bioethanol burner from, they have a good range and will be able to help. Contemporary Elements Ltd

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye but who runs their log burners from nets of logs fae the garage …..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Bioethanol fireplaces?’ is closed to new replies.