Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Tell me about bike park Wales! On a hard tail I will live! Won't I?
  • _tom_
    Free Member

haha just seen that qualifier on A470, it looks smaller than the one for Vicious Valley which as I recall isn’t a particularly difficult trail? A470 will surely have more chance to get airborne and all that? Mind you last time I went (ages ago near when it first opened) I don’t think VV had a qualifier so maybe I’m thinking of a different trail?

I can’t wait to go back to BPW, loved all the trails I’ve ridden there 🙂 Yeah the trails aren’t really too tech gnarr but they’re so fun that it doesn’t even matter. I need to do a weekend of it I think, pedalling saturday and uplift reward sunday!

bullroar
    Free Member

I had ridden VV previously prior to the qualifier. Everything else is rollable on VV, I thought the qualifier pretty harsh even allowing for my stupidity. Back there this weekend and will give it a go.

On a related note, is the qualifier for Dai Hard representative of the rest of that line or is it another harsh stopper?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Northwind – Member
    TBH I thought vicious valley’s qualifier as it was, was bloody stupid- qualifiers are a great idea but they need to be proportional, there’s really nothing else on the trail like that, guarantee you it put people off who’d have been perfectly happy riding the trail

Puts me off and I had zero issue with Vicious Valley before they put that in. Nothing on there is a drop of any significance unlike the qualifier. As for a jump over a path, maybe there is but it’s an option to me.

It’s daft as I have done drops plenty bigger than VV’s qualifier, but I have a major mental hang up on blind drops and the ramp does build it up a lot more. I’ve only been a couple of times since they added it and bailed both times, but I may manage to get my head around it some day.

bullroar – Member
    On a related note, is the qualifier for Dai Hard representative of the rest of that line or is it another harsh stopper?

And this is another example. VV’s qualifier says I shouldn’t even be doing reds (yet they’re no problem) and yet I’ve done Dai Hard before without much issue. A bit of foot down in the nasty steep gully switchback bit and sure I’m not belting down, but I can cope with it. I don’t recall any kind of gap as massive as the qualifier that’s on it now. Again though, probably you can make a gap but they must be options.

I mean, look at Y Mynydd at Cwmcarn. No need for qualifiers and the whole lot is rollable, but if you want you can big it up and do big jumps and drops.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about bike park Wales! On a hard tail I will live! Won't I?’ is closed to new replies.