Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tell me about Berlingo / Kangoo / Multipla etc. ownership
  • Raindog
    Free Member

I’m looking for a cheap to buy, cheap to run, daily driver / bike transporter. Front runner at the moment is a diesel Multipla, but I’m interested to hear how you all get on with this and it’s alternatives. How many bikes will they hold (inside) – with wheels on or off ? are the van or car versions better ? Any others to consider (up to £2K) ?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Had a X reg Kangoo for a works van, it was ace, never broke, went really well, felt like you were sitting at a dining chair. Understeered badly in the wet.

Had a 52 plate Berlingo HDi works van, it was quick, drove more like a car, never broke and was ace,

Had a 56 plate Combo as a works van, didn’t really like it, too small for me at 6’4″

Had an 07 plate Caddy as works van, that was fab, didn’t give me any bother, fab

Had a 54 plate, new front end Multipla, it was ginger, had 3 seats in the front, never any bother, mental inside, sold it for a Land Rover Freelander 2, I’d have another

Out of the lot, I’d buy the Multipla, store the back 3 seats somewhere and voila. Parcel shelf out, and back seats in, you can still fit a bike in the boot with its wheels off.

ivantate
    Free Member

Multipla is ace but they need a bit of love from time to time. Running gear etc… wont be as tough as the vans but it will drive better and be far more refined.

tang
    Free Member

berlingo multispace here, ace little thing. be prepared to be ridiculed, lucky for me i dont give a toss what people think.

crikey
    Free Member

2x Multipla owner here, fab car but they get fecked inside if you don’t take care. Otherwise brilliant.

grum
    Free Member

I have a Berlingo too – not had it long but it’s ace. That is all.

DickBarton

Previous Berlingo owner – loved it – super practical and it looked awful – so I was drawn to it.

Depending on the bikes you can get 3 full bikes in (up to 19″ frames and 120mm travel both ends) – with front wheels off you can probably get 4 in no probs.

I have done 3 bodies and 3 bikes (complete) but it’s tight.

Proved very reliable and a great hauler of kit. On a private road I got 8 bodies, a dog (Alsation) and a load of hand tools in it – was proper heavy and was slow but worked, although I never did that again.

It was the standard diesel and proved very fuel efficient. Everything that needed replacing (tyre – only once, and a weld to the exhaust) proved to be cheap.

I had the car-variant. I’d have another without any hesitation (although would probably go HDI and the higher spec version – mine was bottom end but did the job very well…but I would want more toys in another one. The newer version looks even better in my opinion – more space, better finishing and better spec – but they cost a bit more.

snowpaul
    Free Member

berlingo 1.4 petrol owner here with starship mileage – awesome – removed the rear seats and 3 / 4 bikes with kit no problem – or with seats 3 people + bikes

cheap to run – looks awful and super pratical with sliding doors and an up an over rear door …

had a kangoo – similar – seemed to be a bit bigger in the back re putting bikes in – would have either tbh

paul

chopper666
    Free Member

Two months ago i bought a 2003 Multipla 115 as a replacement for my 2004 MG ZT 260 (4.6L V8) – couldnt hack the fuel cost of MG. Love the Multipla – not sure what mpg i am getting but the MG was doing about 17, so late 30s / early 40s i am getting is good for me. Supposedly you can get 55mpg on a run.( i put in £80 and get 550miles mixed use, sure would get bigger figures on motorway runs)
    Great to drive, easy to park – everyone comments how big it is inside. Loads of room with back seats out, however would echo previous writer – interior could get easily screwed getting bikes in and out, so i got a tow bar fitted and use a thule 9503 rack. Look for one with a tow bar? and go for the 115 engine, the 90 is supposed to be a bit gutless.
    if you need anymore info let me know

Raindog
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful.

chopper666
    Free Member

what did you go for in the end?

avdave2

I’ve had the Fiat Doblo for 4 years and have been really pleased with it.
    Loads of room, drives well and averages around 50 to the gallon with very few long drives or motorway driving.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Berlingo / Kangoo / Multipla etc. ownership’ is closed to new replies.