Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Tell me about Belfast
  • Kahurangi

The Mrs and I will be around for a day or two in November (doing a wedding in Donegal, then Giant’s Causeway first).

What to do, where to stay, anyone have anything to say?

egb81
    Free Member

It’s an interesting place, not exactly pretty though. The black cab tour was pretty good, you get a more personal tour and a more blunt view of the history and troubles than on the bus tour, which is a bit of a waste of money. The big museum (can’t remember the name of it) was good and a stroll around the botanic gardens is nice. Strangest thing about it was the accent, which is so strong I felt like the rest of the cycling world trying to understand Josh Bryceland.

jimjam
    Free Member

Jon Taylor – Member

The Mrs and I will be around for a day or two in November (doing a wedding in Donegal, then Giant’s Causeway first).

What to do, where to stay, anyone have anything to say?

What type of thing do want to do or enjoy doing?

Bazz

If your going to the giants causeway then visit the Bushmills distillery, it’s just down the road.

jimjam
    Free Member

Or just stay in Donegal. It’s much nicer.

kerbdog
    Free Member

Its improved a lot over the last few years. For a small city it has some decent restaurants and a central shopping area with all the well known chains. Victoria square would kill a few hours if your wanting to do the retail thing, or a high tea in The Merchant Hotel.
    Botanic gardens and the Ulster museum is a twenty minute walk or short taxi ride from city center. Depending on when your over there may be ice hockey on In the sse arena, The friendship four competition is on in late Nov which pits the best US college teams against each other, if you like sport its well worth a look. Theres more than enough to do in a few days depending on what you’re into.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Tell me about Belfast’ is closed to new replies.