Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • tell me about 10mm rear axles
  • z1ppy

Tell me about 10mm axles, never heard of specific dropouts for them? Are there any?
    This is following on from the 9mm front wheel axles. Why aren’t there any 9mm rear axles?

singlespeedstu

A standard QR rear end will take a 10mm axle.

The front dropouts are 9mm the rear 10mm.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

is a 10mm rear axel not a normal QR one (or maybe bolted on cheep and/or track bikes)? 12mm is the usual standard for a bolt through rear axel.

Front hubs I think are 9mm QR usualy, but shimano make them 10mm.

kimbers

there is much confusion here

front dropouts are 9mm diameter
    rear dropouts are 10mm diameter

a regular QR has a diamter of about 2mm?
    the QR doesnt actually sit on the dropout the hub does

if your hub can have adaptors fitted it can take up to 10mm or 9mm axles (rear and front)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Is he not talking about 12mm bolt through rear axles?

z1ppy

no I’m asking about 10mmm bolt thru rear axles – Stu answered my query in the 1st post.
    I was assuming this (10 axle would fit std rear dropouts), but having been told time and again not to assume anything, I asked the question.

firestarter
    Free Member

my bike has nine mil front and ten mil rear bolt thrus the dt rws ones they fit in standard frame and forks. Front made a big difference in my talas forks i cant feel any difference in the rear at all

firestarter
    Free Member

my bike has nine mil front and ten mil rear bolt thrus the dt rws ones they fit in standard frame and forks. Front made a big difference in my talas forks i cant feel any difference in the rear at all

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ahh OK. Your OP made you seem a bit “confused”

z1ppy

sorry… got the info I needed though.

Bream
    Free Member

Sorry to hijack a little, but can anyone recommend a good quality 10mm thru axle. I have the EX1750 wheelset with 10mm x 135 rear RWS thru axle but I snapped off the fancy DT Swiss plastic lever on a rock so now want a proper bolt thru axle to replace it?

dasnut
    Free Member

bream,

you need this:
    http://www.balleracing.com/Hadley/Hadley10mmAxle.htm

not sure if you can get them in the uk, but erik from balle sent me 2 they are a nice piece of work….

Bream
    Free Member

Looks good dasnut but is that a drop out location thingy on the inside of the left side clamp? My dropouts are a thru hole so if that is a drop out location thingy it won’t fit 🙁

Surely someone this side of the pond make these 😕

richc
    Free Member

a file would fix that problem bream

onewheeltoofew
    Free Member

Bream,

This should work:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=18759

plus a 10mm track nut from your local halfords. At least, that’s what I use on my heckler with no probs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘tell me about 10mm rear axles’ is closed to new replies.