Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Telescopic seatpost
  • _tom_
    Free Member

I’m not on about a dropper, I’m after something like those old Titec seatposts with the 2 qr’s that were handy for frames that didn’t allow a full post to be dropped fully. I’m having a similar situation with my Voltage, as afaik a full length thomson or similar won’t really drop enough to be comfy on the downhill bits due to the 14″ seat tube. I can’t find the titec ones any more, does anyone make something similar? I’m not having much luck finding anything, I guess they’ve kinda been phased out by “proper” dropper posts which I don’t really want – additional expense and complications for something I won’t use loads.

Mackem

Maybe you need a different sized frame?

lucien

Voltage is notoriously small in frame size even in its largest guise. I always thought it was 2 seat posts, 2 clamps with the inside tube connected to the saddle?

Northwind

Freeride bike so not really applicable, that…

I had the NC17 version for a while, tbh it was a pain in the bum, I never got it back to the right height. Are you sure you can’t get a full drop in the frame? Varies from bike to bike obviously but I ended up with a 450mm Gusset one in my Herb, got it to a nice pedallable height but still dropped well out of the way.

Tracey

Dont think they make them any more. I sold a 30.9 one on here a couple of weeks back. we had them for our daughters when they were on small frames. Still got two in the spares box at the back of the garage.

_tom_
    Free Member

Nice one Tracey thats just the size I’m after as well 🙂

Mackem, I mostly ride my bike for dh/fr stuff where the small 14″ frame is spot on. I just want to occasionally ride it at trail centres and stuff, and at the minute I don’t think I can get it high enough.

Northwind I did wonder how much of a faff they’d be to get at the right height!

carlosg
    Free Member

I used to run one in an old GT Ruckus I-drive, have the outer post at a set height and mark the inner post at your optimum xc height so you can get it right each time.The plastic bush on the outer post clamp is made of cheese and falls to bits in no time.I replaced the clamp with a better quality one.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Telescopic seatpost’ is closed to new replies.