Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Telegraph poles for sale near Edinburgh….
  • rickmeister

Thinking these would be ok for Swedish log Candles… anyone know if there is a place selling them Edinburgh way… ?

Or will people be gassed with creosote fumes…

Drac

It’ll out in a nice tar lining on your flu.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Puffer prep?

rickmeister

Well spotted SBZ…. want to have a test firing before end of December…

banginon

I’d think it would be a pretty noxious burn 🙁

jimmy

there’re some felled trees sitting on the cycle path near mine, Rick…

Northwind

Aye, I’d be looking at an abandoned log myself… What springs to mind, there’s some near the bottom of the innerleithen dh pushup path/red climb, from last year’s winterkill- they got sectioned and dragged out of the way then left to rot. About telegraph pole sized as it happens. They’ll be a decent weight though.

Stoner
    Free Member

I was told that BT etc arent allowed to leave old poles in the hands of Joe Public because of the creosote. They used to leave them on farmer’s land if asked when they replaced them, now no more.

rickmeister

Jimmy, where are you?

Will pop through to Inners for a look tomorrow with the van… any idea how wet they are..?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

There was a big pile of big logs (tree sized) on the cycle path at crewe toll at 7:30 tonight.

Northwind

rickmeister – Member

any idea how wet they are..?

Well, they’re outside :mrgreen: But not buried or anything, haven’t really paid them much attention lately, I just notice them as we climb past. Don’t think they’ve picked up moss so they’re probably reasonably dry, as fallen trees go.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Telegraph poles for sale near Edinburgh….’ is closed to new replies.