Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Tektro Novela rubbing
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve been helping set up a bike a friend bought and can’t get the front rotor to stop rubbing. Is there any way to get the pads further apart? The problem is that the only way I can get the rotor to not rub is to detach the cable completely but if I re-fasten at this level, the lever can go right to the bar and not lock the wheel. I’ve read their tech docs but totally stumped.

NormalMan

Both my son and daughter run these brakes.

I’ve not had major issues so maybe this is too obvious / something you’ve tried but when I changed the tyres on my son’s bike and when my daughter’s was first delivered there was a small amount of rub. I just released the qr and adjusted things that way, moving the wheel fractionally one way or the other and all was fine after that. This has been on a front wheel and rear wheel respectively.

This might be too obvious, as I mentioned, but hope you get it sorted. They’ve been decent enough brakes for basic cable ones imho.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Only the inboard pad is adjustable. I wound it out a bit, loosened the caliper bolts and retighhtened with the lever held to try and recentre the caliper, then wound out the inboard pad a bit.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    atlaz
    Free Member

I should learn my lesson. Never, ever, maintain someone elses bikes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Tektro Novela rubbing’ is closed to new replies.