Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Tektro Brakes – Saracen Hack
  • nsbikescore1
    Free Member

I’m looking at the Saracen Hacks and see that they come with Tektro Mira 400 brakes. I don’t know anything about these brakes and can’t find them or any reviews of them online. Has anyone used them? How do they compare to Avid BB7?

psycorp
    Free Member

I’ve got Tektro brakes on my Saracen Tenet. I can’t compare them to Avid BB7’s as these are the first mechanical disc brakes I’ve had but they are a right PITA to setup without rubbing. Although more powerful than rim brakes I’ve had they aren’t amazingly so either.

HTH.

smokey_jo

The promax ones on my 2014 Hack are pretty good. Easily as powerful as Bb7’s and I’ve not had to touch them in 1200 miles

Euro
    Free Member

My jump/street bike had Tektro brakes. Worked well and as long as you’re not expecting hydro levers of power they’ll be grand. I ran with just the rear for a while which was ok for planned braking but maybe not for the road. Not sure how they compare to BB7s but i doubt there’s much in it performance wise. A bit weird going back to cables after a few years on hydro – you can almost feel the cable stretch with a good yank.

nsbikescore1
    Free Member

Cheers all. I’ve never ran disc brakes on a road bike before but I imagine even the entry level ones are better than rim brakes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Tektro Brakes – Saracen Hack’ is closed to new replies.