• This topic has 31 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by ji.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Teenagers-bless'em
  • thejesmonddingo

Just spent an hour in the centre of Barnsley,trying to retrieve my 17 year old,drunk as a skunk,and been hit a couple of times by some guy who didn’t appreciate his big mouth.He doesn’t feel there’s a problem,and doesn’t understand why we might be concerned.And breathe.
    Ian

tomhoward

Barnsley

There’s your problem….

thejesmonddingo

I forgot,nobody ever gets drunk in Harrogate,do they ?

robbo
    Free Member

Just make sure he knows he’s learning something from these experiences.

To watch his mouth at least!

Riksbar

been hit a couple of times by some guy who didn’t appreciate his big mouth

If I was his dad, this might have been me! Good luck, someday you’ll look back on this and laugh (probably).
    Oh, and this thread is useless without pics!

Mantastic
    Free Member

I would punch him and leave him there if he was mine. Getting so bladderd that you shoot your mouth off will only lead to trouble, I’ve seen it time and time again.

Given he doesn’t see this as a problem, you are going to be in for many nights like this. Until someone gives him a proper slap and scares the crap out of him.

I may sound harsh but time after time you see hammered ten bangers with sense of responsibility, sadly parents can’t do much about it. One saving grace for him is you care enough to go get him.

Good luck

tomhoward

Oh we do, and often drive afterwards. Apparently more than anywhere else in the UK. (not me though, my lack of car ownership prevents this).

I’m just a simple Huddersfield lad extracting the Michael….

Pigface
    Free Member

Well I hope he is OK and the damage isn’t to bad.

ton

i reckon he will learn to not shoot his mouth off quite quickly.
    most teenagers are pretty good at heart, and you might not think it, even have a bit of respect.
    but youthfullness and beer dont tend to mix too well….he will feel like shyte today….just dont rub it in too much. 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

In a true sign of ‘bloody hell you’re getting old’, I went to bed (on my own to go to sleep) 10 minutes after my 17 year old went out last night 😐

Mind youi, I was out from 4:30pm to 3:30am the night before 😀

bigbloke
    Free Member

Use your phone to film him being a bit of a dick then play it back to him when sober followed by a fatherly chat.

highclimber
    Free Member

Sad thing is, there are grown men who act in the same way as he did – he needs telling to pipe down if he ever wants to enjoy a night out.
    It might not stop him drinking to excess but it might mean he won’t be so gobby next time!

It only takes a wrong word spoken to the wrong person for a jovial night to turn into something more serious e.g. a police cell or, god forbid, a hospital bed!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

God you are a bunch of boring old gits.

banks
    Free Member

Boring hell!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Calm down.
    It’s what you do as a teenager. Get drunk, get mouthy, get punched. 😀

spchantler
    Free Member

its not all beer and skittles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsnDzazyn00

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep OK did a similar thing when I was seventeen. Lairy, pissed etc some skinhead dude took exception to me and headbutted me knocking my front tooth out! I’d got a good set of mates who took me to A&E and got me home though.

falkirk-mark

Well if he has learned from it it’s probably a good thing (unless he was too pissed to take it in)

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I forgot,nobody ever gets drunk in Harrogate,do they ?

From experiences a few years ago Harrogate could be like the Wild West on a Saturday night.

glupton1976
    Free Member

We all used to do the same.

patriotpro
    Free Member

He need’s to A) watch his mouth, or B) learn how to defend himself properly.

Chances are he’ll learn one of the two soon enough if he carries on.

seahouse
    Free Member

I never as a teen learn anything from what my parents said to me, it all came through my experience of making mistakes on my own. My son is only 8 so i still have time before i need to eat my own words 😕 Good luck

TheBrick
    Free Member

If he is still drunk of course he will not see it as a problem. Wait for some calm.

Duggan

Not sure if he is your first/only child but I have to say that I honestly wouldn’t worry too much.

I would think pretty much every teenager in the UK goes out and does this from the age of about 16 onwards? I know me and my brother and um, all my friends used to. I genuinely think I would be more worried if I had a teenage son who didn’t do this at least a few times.

There’s no way he’s going to see it as a ‘problem’ as it probably isn’t- he was most likely having a great time until he got smacked in the mouth. And after a day of having a hangover and a sore lip he will surely be fine. Lets face it, he’s only doing what half the population do every single weekend. unless you think he’s actually an alcoholic or something I wouldn’t worry.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Chances are he’ll learn one of the two soon enough if he carries on…

doing that in Barnsley.

I work there. I did a gig there one night a couple of years ago. scared the cr@p out of us. Toilets hummed too although that’s probably unrelated

brakes
    Free Member

eeeeee, wait ’til your mother sees you.

this happened to me the first night I went out at 16.
    threw up all over the bedding plants.
    wasn’t allowed to go out for 6 months after that.
    I just didn’t let my Dad pick me up the next time.

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

Just out of interest (not being judgemental):

Have you explicitly given your permission for him to go out drinking?
    Is he allowed to drink at home? If so, to what extent?
    Have you had any alcohol / drugs “talks” with him?

ji
    Free Member

I remember going out and drinking too much…but never got into a fight, nor even came close. The attitude that this is ‘normal’ is what’s wrong with our town centres these days.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I wouldn’t blame the town centres it’s the cretins and local intelligentsia who go there to get drunk who are the problem.

njee20
    Free Member

ji +1

PMK2060

Ji+1. I used to go out in Barnsley most weekends and never got into a fight. I don’t get angry when I drInk though [if I did I would not drink].

ji
    Free Member

Thing is, I also don’t remember many fights by anyone else either.

@MrSmith – agreed.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Teenagers-bless'em’ is closed to new replies.