Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)
  • Teenager arrested on suspicion of bullying
  • anagallis_arvensis

I R numberacy and literacyness expert!

Convert, for some reason I always thought you were a geography teacher, thats colouring round the outside, biology is colouring in!!

convert

Design teacher – so I colour stuff in before hitting it with a mallet!

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I R numberacy and literacyness expert!

Teacher or no teacher, 4 errors in such a short sentence is quite an achievement! 😆

Spin
    Free Member

As a Geography teacher I can tell you that we no longer refer to it as ‘colouring in’ it’s ‘chromatic differentiation’.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

I’d be checking ID, asking why no child protection officer was present, or no parent, I’d want to check the head had been informed by their superiors and enquiring as to why he wasnt present

ID fair enough but I would imagine the uniform may be a giveaway!
    Appropriate adult (whether a parent or someone from local social services etc) would be arranged for interview but not needed to be present during the arrest.
    I guess the head depends on school policy or if they are that bothered ( I can imagine it happens more in some schools than others!).

crankboy
    Free Member

No desserts I read as a reference to a popular thread and stw meme .

anagallis_arvensis

ID fair enough but I would imagine the uniform may be a giveaway!

I’m sure thats been thought before and people have been wrong!

Appropriate adult (whether a parent or someone from local social services etc) would be arranged for interview but not needed to be present during the arrest.

The head of any school or at the very least the most senior member of the child protection team would be present and if they werent I’d not let them proceed. You can mock all you like but any police officer who wouldnt take the time to do it properly would need to be arresting me as well.

guess the head depends on school policy or if they are that bothered ( I can imagine it happens more in some schools than others!).

Any head who wasnt bothered would not be fit to be head. It also doesnt happen much at all in any school and believe me I’ve worked in amongst the worst. I have been involved in pupils being searched by the police and its a very controlled and measured procedure, they certainly dont just come to a classroom and grab a kid.
    As saidcthough its not what happend here so its a MOOT point

euain

so its a MOOT point

Almost there.. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

Seems to be some online bulling of a teacher on this thread. I’m dialling 999.

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

Almost there..

Painful, isn’t it!

Here Analgallitis Arsevengence, have a few apostrophes… ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘ ‘

Just copy and paste them into your text, your apostrophe key is clearly broken… 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Seems to be some online bulling of a teacher on this thread. I’m dialling 999.

Justvtell them to bring ID and the bullies parent/headcteacher!!@

anagallis_arvensis

I dont need apostrophies for a cycling message bored if that upsets you youll grow out of it

kja78
    Free Member

It seems the prevailing attitude among police and stw is guilty until proven innocent and even then probably guilty anyway. Nice.

euain

and the bullies parent/headcteacher

Must try harder…

convert

I dont need apostrophies for a cycling message bored if that upsets you youll grow out of it

Dude, shhh now – I’m trying to give the impression we are not all thick as shit. You’re feeding them all ammo.

anagallis_arvensis

Dude, shhh now – I’m trying to give the impression we are not all thick as shit.

I was hoping someone on this bored would pick up on a few extras! To be honest its not as much fun as Id hoped

crankboy
    Free Member

” any police officer who wouldnt take the time to do it properly ” doing it properly is heavily context dependant.
    This story as reported seems very odd i can understand the very ” soft ” arrest procedure from the seizure of computers so the arrest was necessary to secure and preserve evidence rather than having her in by appointment and giving her time to delete evidence, but rond are way female and juvenile cells are not in amongst male adult cells. The length of time in custody is odd , either mum and dad did not rush to the station when called or the police were slow or went to cps for precharge advise while in custody or two different days detentions have been added together(short interview day one longer interview some weeks later when computer has been examined)
    the no charge may have been a decision based on no evidence of wrong doing or a view that given age and shock of arrest no public interest in taking further action . The delay in going to the media may be a cynical decision to wait till the 6 month time limit for prosecuting minor offences was up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

No its not and if you bother to read the article- I mean its not like you did an ill informed knee jerk reaction- you will note they[ child and parent] dont deny the claim merely that the reaction was “heavy handed”

kja78
    Free Member

School girls being school girls, one can’t get the upper hand so strops to mummy and daddy who strop to school. Can’t believe we have teachers and parents who are so incompetent they have to involve police in something like this.

somouk
    Free Member

School girls being school girls, one can’t get the upper hand so strops to mummy and daddy who strop to school. Can’t believe we have teachers and parents who are so incompetent they have to involve police in something like this.

It doesn’t detail what actually happened so how can you say the Police shouldn’t be involved?

They also had enough evidence to charge her with harassment, I would say that means it’s not your average case of girls being girls.

anagallis_arvensis

Can’t believe we have teachers and parents who are so incompetent they have to involve police in something like this.

Im both and cant even manage basic grammer!

convert

not.a.clue 🙄

I do hope you are not given too much to look after in life. You might be ok with pencils or bollards or other inanimate stationary objects but I suspect humans are not your strong subject.

Junkyard
    Free Member

t doesn’t detail what actually happened so how can you say the Police shouldn’t be involved?

These posts are not reliant on irrelevant things like facts

spawnofyorkshire

Don’t feed the troll people

kja78
    Free Member

Not trolling, I was recently wrongly accused of something, that could quite easily been sorted by a mature robust conversation. But the other person was too cowardly and involved the police. Fortunately the judge was a bit more savvy than the copper and threw the case out.

We live in a society where people with responsibility, teachers, doctors etc are encouraged not to try and sort problems themselves but to go to the authorities who shoot first and ask questions later.

All this ‘no smoke without fire’, ‘ they didn’t deny it’ is deeply disconcerting. As has been said we have no idea what went on, so how on earth can any of you judge this girl?

crankboy
    Free Member

according to the program and the police statement there was an investigation on going, at which point what were believed to be credible threats of immediate violence were made .This led to the decision to make the arrest at that point from school .
    The subsequent investigation demonstrated that the complaint was false at which point the case was dropped .
    So aside from the queries about length of time in custody an everyday story of police doing their job.
    What would be the alternative story if they had ignored complaints and an allegation of threats and some child had ended up battered or committing suicide ?

somouk
    Free Member

so how on earth can any of you judge this girl?

Because the police arrested her and charged her with a crime?

convert

As has been said we have no idea what went on, so how on earth can any of you judge

True; and yet you are able to conclusively say :-

Can’t believe we have teachers and parents who are so incompetent

How do you know that in this case is was not appropriate to involve the police? What makes you the only one that can make assumptions?

kja78
    Free Member

Convert, I was using rhetoric. You lot were being drama queens so I thought I’d join in.

convert

No, you were making yourself sound like a knob.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

All this ‘no smoke without fire’, ‘ they didn’t deny it’ is deeply disconcerting. As has been said we have no idea what went on, so how on earth can any of you judge this girl?

Because we’re (mostly) all grown ups with respect for law and order, living in a free country, so if the police appear to have had evidence, we’re happy to believe that it exists an that a crime had been committed.

And importantly, she/her dad admitted as such on live TV.

Junkyard
    Free Member

t the other person was too cowardly and involved the police.

WTF its cowardly to call the police – when did this become true?

Fortunately the judge was a bit more savvy than the copper and threw the case out.

SO justice prevailed then

We live in a society where people with responsibility, teachers, doctors etc are encouraged not to try and sort problems themselves but to go to the authorities who shoot first and ask questions later.

The police turned up at a school what do you want the school to do – say
    “piss of this is our turf we will deal with now do one you slags?”

she was arrested she was charged in being annoyed by this they did not bother to deny the charge just complain about the treatment when charged arrested

you are free to ignore all this evidence and insist we “dont know” when really you mean you are willfully ignoring the known facts

kja78
    Free Member

The charge was dropped and as per crankboy’s post the allegations were found to be untrue. Seems thst you’re doing some evidence ignoring of your own.

And yes, a professional not challenging another professional about a perceived issue but going to the police is to me cowardly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The charge was dropped and as per crankboy’s post the allegations were found to be untrue. Seems thst you’re doing some evidence ignoring of your own.

the no charge may have been a decision based on no evidence of wrong doing or a view that given age and shock of arrest no public interest in taking further action

kja78
    Free Member

Tinas, I genuinely hope you are never on the receiving end of a false allegation, you will learn the hard way that your beliefs about the police are unfounded .

kja78
    Free Member

Ah, the personal insults have begun. For a group getting uptight about online bullying you guys are ace.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I think they began when you called someone a coward

Anyway it was amusing you criticised us for ignoring the evidence and cited a post that did not support your view

Sorry you are angry with the police but this does not mean every arrest is wrong nor that everyone not charged is innocent

sbob
    Free Member

I think she’s guilty because of the way she looks.

Do I win a prize?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tinas, I genuinely hope you are never on the receiving end of a false allegation, you will learn the hard way that your beliefs about the police are unfounded .

I genuinely hope so too.

However, in this case the accusations appear not to have been false. If they were false the story would be “I was falsely accused of bullying and had to spend 8 hours in a cell”, not a very carefully worded interview where you focus on your treatment and skirt around the issue of guilt.

The charges being dropped could be that the accusation was false (although seems unlikely, or they’ be saying that, and the accuser would be in trouble), or it could be as JY said that the shock of arrest was deemed probably proportionate punishment and going further wasn’t in the public interest. It could be that the evidence wouldn’t stand up to scrutiny in court, witnesses/victims might have withdrawn their statements, or she might just have lawyered up and found some procedural issue causing the case to collapse.

kja78
    Free Member

I didn’t call anyone on here a coward now did I jy?

Crankboy’s post explicitly states that ‘The subsequent investigation demonstrated that the complaint was false at which point the case was dropped.’

My concern is that you and others seem to be revelling in the fact that this girl somehow got her just desserts, when in fact a. The allegations against her were found to be untrue, and b. The behaviour of the police during her arrest and subsequent detention is questionable.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘Teenager arrested on suspicion of bullying’ is closed to new replies.