Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Techy / rocky hebden route required – plz help
  • thebiglad22
    Free Member

Had a maiden voyage round Hebden Bridge yesterday – managed to climb many hills for very little reward – I’m sure the area has a lot to offer but I could do with some help – I completed the full reservoir circuit widdop / can’t clough etc but only got one rapid descent out of it between hurst wood and cant clough – can anyone point me in the direction of rocks!!

woody2000

dazh

Go on the strava segment explore section and look for the following:

Blue Pig Descent
    Peckett Well Descent
    Peckett Well (from the rock garden)
    Crow Nest Boulder Fest
    Stoodley Pike Descent
    Rodwell End Zig Zags (more in Todmorden, but easily accessible from Hebden)

There’s plenty more but I’d be at risk of breaking the Calderdale cheeky trail omerta if I’m not careful (and I don’t know them all)

cdoc
    Free Member

Luckily most people using Strava forget to turn it off for the cheeky stuff, so it still shows up on the global heatmap, all be it without times and trail names.

woody2000

To get to the Pecket Well descents, ride up the A6033 out of Hebden to Pecket Well (I’m sure there are better ways to get there, but I just honk up the road). Look out for a BW signposted off to the left (if you’ve come UP the hill) – it splits not far down the track, these are the 2 Pecket Well descents. You can ride down 1 and push back up to ride down the other, or figure out a loop to incorporate both.

If you take the RH fork, this will spit you at at Hardcastle Crags lower car park – when you hit the road, go straight across the bridge in front of you (ish!) then bear left and you’ll see the Blue Pig pub which is at the bottom of the Blue Pig descent.

I don’t know what state any of the trails are in at the moment as I haven’t been over that way for a while. Pop in to Blazing Saddles and ask.

thebiglad22
    Free Member

Thanks I’ll look for those runs –

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Techy / rocky hebden route required – plz help’ is closed to new replies.