Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • techy prob – viewing this site on a mobile phone.
  • sadexpunk

just changed over from a rooted htc One X to a stock M8. imported my apps and settings over, so everything should be the same.
    however, now when i view this site, the text isnt wrapped horizontally, i have to scroll across every line, then back, then across again etc etc….
    i looked at the settings (dolphin mini browser) but theres nothing obvious, and the strange thing is…….this seems to be the only site that does it. all the others are wrapped so i only have to scroll down as i read.

try a different browser you say? tried loads, but this is the only one ive found that displays pages normal reading size from the off, every other one starts small and i have to zoom each page.

any ideas how i can get this site to wrap horizontally? and why would it do this on one phone and not another? its obviously my ‘go-to’ site, so this is a biggie for me 🙂

thanks

flashpaul
    Free Member

Firefox has a request desktop site button , might work

sadexpunk

just installed and tried it thanks, no good. sites still load as tiny pages. i ticked the request desktop site but didnt see any difference, not sure what that does. thanks anyway 🙂

nickjb
    Free Member

The formatting on this site is pretty rigid. I thought the text was fixed width so couldn’t wrap. Maybe your previous phone did something clever but AIUI not wrapping is the norm. Double tapping on the text should expand it to fill the page but it is a bit small in portrait on a phone.

sadexpunk

just tried opera mini which seemed a bit better, but still loads every too small. and yes…..the text did wrap, so it cant be fixed, which is promising.

now if i could find a browser that opens pages in ‘double tap size’ ready to read like dolphin mini, and still wraps text like opera mini……. 🙂

creamegg
    Free Member

The text wraps differently to suit width on iPhone and iPad so defo not rigid/fixed

sadexpunk

cant believe it! just tried the stock htc browser that was there all the time and it seems to do exactly what i want it to. opens at readable size and is text wrapped on singletrack. ive always found before that stock ‘internet’ apps need zooming every page, so this is looking promising 🙂

Cougar

I use Chrome on my phone (One M7). Pages default to rendering too small, but double-tapping the page zooms to the correct width.

sadexpunk

yeah, i just wish there was an option to ‘not have to tap every page’ to correct size. i know its no biggie in the great scheme of things, but id have thought it would be high up on the list of peoples ‘things you want in a browser’, the option for it to look exactly as you want to read it from the off.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘techy prob – viewing this site on a mobile phone.’ is closed to new replies.