Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Techy folk – my wife wants to know what I'm up to!
  • paul4stones

Not as interesting as it might sound . . .

I have an iPod Touch and she has an HTC Wildfire and I wondered if there is a way of linking the diaries vitually or physically?

Any suggestions welcome, thanks.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Google calendar is my suggestion

sharkbait
    Free Member

Google Calendars – have one each and subscribe to each others calendar. Brilliant.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    paul4stones

Thanks. We’ll try that.

Stoner
    Free Member

4th for google calendars.

Mrs S and I use google apps as our company email/contacts/calendar system. Sync’d and in the cloud, reliable and platform indepedant for the most part. Brilliant.

Cougar

I do exactly this, with my Desire and OH’s iPhone. I looked at many, many ways of doing this, and as others have said, the online Google Calendar is the glue that holds it all together.

The Desire links directly to Google, being an Android phone. On Google I have two calendars, the default ‘my name’ calendar and an additional ‘shared’ one.

The ‘name’ calendar I have synced to Outlook at work using gSyncit. (I think I had to use gSyncit for historical reasons, the default Google Sync tool might work as well here). This calendar has my work appointments in it, which my OH obviously has no interest in.

The ‘shared’ calendar has read/write permissions granted to OH’s gmail account. On her iPhone we installed Pocket Informant. This has the ability to sync OTA with Google calendar, and supports multiple calendars. She uses this to sync with her Google account, which picks up my ‘shared’ calendar in the process.

Now, on my phone I see both calendars, in different colours, and OH just sees the shared one. It’s all synced OTA on the fly and it’s no exaggeration to say it’s revolutionised our lives.

paul4stones

Very cool that. Thanks everyone.

Is it essential to have pocket informant or can it be done with a google ipod app? So far I can get stuff from the google calendar onto my iPod but not the other way round. But it’s late now and I’m tired 🙂

grievoustim
    Free Member

You can just use the iPhone calendar app, no need for a “special” app. The google site has detailed instructions of the correct way to set up the app to make best use of google calendar

The Mrs knowing what you’re up to?

Are you mad?

paul4stones

Ok, so I can get entries made on the google calendar to appear on the iPod but entries made on the iPod calendar don’t appear on the google calendar. What am I missing?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Techy folk – my wife wants to know what I'm up to!’ is closed to new replies.