Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Technology that makes a surprising difference
  • Ferris-Beuller
    Free Member

maccruiskeen – keeps the mileage low! 😉

nickc

Chromecast. I can chose a movie or a YouTube or red bull TV on my phone or chromebook and “send” it to my telly… What the actual ****?!

Magic

Bimbler
    Free Member

Washing machine – a greater impact on humanity than the internet according to some/many

nickc

Washing machine

I think it’s place has been over stated by many. Before convenient laundry, people simply didn’t wash their clothes that often, the parts that got grimy quickly were removable and often disposable (collars and cuffs) and darker clothes were fashionable.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Quote button on forums. Amazed at how much this makes my life easier… oh wait 😉 😀

Nico
    Free Member

I’d second the mobile phone camera. Apart from its obvious use it’s really useful for photographing things in shops to check with someone at home, or as a note-taker. I’ve photographed the side of a van to get the phone number of a tradesman and photographed whiteboards at work. Not life-changing but really handy and not something I’d have thought of when I bought my first phone with a camera.

slowoldman

I think it’s place has been over stated by many. Before convenient laundry, people simply didn’t wash their clothes that often, the parts that got grimy quickly were removable and often disposable (collars and cuffs) and darker clothes were fashionable.

I’m guessing you didn’t see you Mum/Grandma do the washing in a great big coal fired copper, a wash barrel and dolly peg and a hand cranked mangle? Every Monday.

Cougar

a hand cranked mangle?

I used to watch Neighbours, pass the mindbleach please.

deadkenny
    Free Member

RIP Vivean Gray

TiRed

IT: Bluetooth – just makes it all that bit nicer
    Bike: eTap wireless shifting
    Home: Washing machine – I could live without a dishwasher, but not a washing machine.
    Home: Teasmade – when you’ve had one, you’ll know why 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

IT: Bluetooth – just makes it all that bit nicer

I’d say reliable bluetooth that works properly. Back in the day it was a bit shite which made it more of a pain than it was worth. Pretty good now.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Garmin Bluetooth – still shite

Else that would be on my list of great technology. Live sync my ride from Garmin to phone to Garmin/Strava is pretty cool. But shite pairing ability means it doesn’t work.

Cougar

NFC. Saves literally seconds of my life by not having to take my card out of a wallet and type in a PIN. I’ve got a tag on my watch strap now, so I don’t even have to dig out my wallet (and shop assistants who haven’t seen it before look at you like you’re Derren Brown).

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Technology that makes a surprising difference’ is closed to new replies.