Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Technical/wicking base layers – underpant advice
  • willard

Not exactly a serious title, but a serious subject…

I need some recommendations for new wicking underpants – boxer style, not briefs. I currently have one pair of IceBreaker merino shorts and, whilst thy ar ace, they are also expensive and are but one pair. One pair will not, even with the most imaginative rearrangement, last a week of trotting up and down hills.

So, what are people's recommendations for similar wicking base layers? Any shops out there on the internet that do good deals?

skidartist
    Free Member

helly hansen boxers can usually be found fairly cheap online

gavinski
    Free Member

Icebreaker prices seem to be coming down at the moment.

have you tried cycling shorts without a chamois? can't find a link as it seems quite had to get quality shorts with no liner, but i've used in the past for walking trips and were pretty comfy

damion
    Free Member

I've got Berghaus, Paramo, Patagonia & Lowe alpine tech boxers. My favourites for comfy, cotton feeling but still effective are the Paramo & Patagonia.

The most effective for wicking are the Lowe Alpine which are excellent. The berghaus? I can't remeber the last time I wore them, they're horrible.

Sandwich

Maybe get a second pair of merino ones. My wool base layers last 4 days of winter walking/climbing without stinking. The Paramo smock gets unpleasant though!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Technical/wicking base layers – underpant advice’ is closed to new replies.