• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by dobo.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • technical base layes
  • karnali
    Free Member

my smelly helly has just about given up after 18 years of use. Thinking of getting a short sleeve hh lifa stripe base fo teh summer for biign and runing, anything else that wicks as well as these, the mreino will be packed away for next winter soon as it takes too long to dry.

cheers

BadlyWiredDog

Pretty much any decent modern baselayer should be fine. Best thing I’ve used recently is a lightweight Arc’teryx one, but it’ll be expensive. Rab does a nice lightweight tee-shirt in a very good, high-wicking polyester. Lifa is polypropylene – I probably spelled that wrong – and works slightly differently to polyester, but the modern stuff is all pretty good. In general, the thinner it is, the faster it’ll wick.

matt_outandabout

Summer = Patagonia Capeline

More here: http://www.adventure-kit.co.uk/?p=56

doof_doof
    Free Member

The Craft stuff is nice, though I had to return mine due to a faulty seam.

MartinGT
    Free Member

Winter Base – Long Sleeve
    Winter Base – Short Sleeve
    Spring / Autumn Base

Prendas Base Layers are MEGA, Prendas are a brilliant store.

Ax3M4n
    Free Member

Go to Bicester Village Outlet – Helly Hansen Base layers by the bucket load.

aP
    Free Member

The uniqlo lightweight therm tops are actually very good. Cheap too.

lunge

Go to Decathlon, buy cheap, buy twice or maybe 3 times, still save on 1 branded one.

el-Gato-Negro
    Free Member

Icebreaker merino wool base layers. ACE! I wear them all the time. I’ve also got a couple of their mid-layers as well. Worth the money!

neninja
    Free Member

Got 2 Icebreakers last year for less than 1/2 price from Cycle Surgery

Great quality and comfortable

Shorty121
    Free Member

I also recomend icebreaker thermals lovely stuff

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Lifas rule…

Threw my wifes Icebreakers out as she hates them after skiing in them – would get all wet with sweat and then she got cold – no better than a cotton t-shirt.

dobo
    Free Member

Helly Hansen Base layers are the best i have. i can go running in one with a technical t-shirt on top and come home dry. they are really comfy and dont smell.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘technical base layes’ is closed to new replies.