Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Technical Advice, Trying to find a 2 button switch. Please help..
  • handyman153
    Free Member

Evening,

Thought it might be worth asking this on here, somebody must know something.
    Basically looking for a switch/button like the one pictured below.
    Its a pretty simple component, with 2 rubber buttons, and 3 wires coming out.
    I have got 1, but need about 5 more. And cant find them anywhere. Anybody know anything…
    Picture –

Cheers
    Josh

wombat

Try RS Componants.

They’re not the cheapest place you might find but they seem to stock just about everything…..

Or Maplin

handyman153
    Free Member

Wombat, thanks for the RS website.
    But just sat and looked through all there buttons and switches, and nothing.

Anybody else know how i can make a switch that basically has 2 buttons, one for up and one for down?
    Its got to be simple, i just cant get my head around it.

Cheers

ben
    Free Member

Have had a quick scan of Farnell’s website (www.farnell.com) but not found it. Worth dropping the picture and spec to the technical team though: techsales@farnell.co.uk

Cheers
    Ben

leffeboy

Just solder a couple of these together or to a small piece of pc board? Don’t think you’re going to get something ready wired I’m afraid. Is this a project for a Mr Cancellara?

handyman153
    Free Member

Ben,
    Thank you for having a look, and giving me the email address. I have sent them an email, so we will see what they come back with.

Leffeboy,
    Exactly what i was thinking of doing, but I cant get my head round the circuit they would have to go in.
    I know it will be really simple, but its just not clicking 😯

Cheers
    Josh…

TimS
    Free Member

I’d think that you need to make your own by joining two single switches together. It’s time to live up to your username 😉

benji_allen
    Free Member

You can get silicon switch shrouds from the far east easy enough, but they generally come in 1000’s. One of these over what leffeboy suggests might be your only option, unless you can find some gadget cheap enough with a switch on it that you can take off

leffeboy

As TimS says. Join one side of each switch together and solder one wire to that junction. That’s the ‘common’ wire if you like. Then one wire each to each of the other ends of the switches – that’s your ‘up’ and ‘down’

Ah, just rembered, try searching for ‘lilypad arduino’ suppliers in the uk. It’s a wearable computer thingie but has switches that are designed to be sewn into clothing. Some of those should do very nicely and might even be waterproof

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Had a wee google to keep me amused – found this

http://uk.farnell.com/jsp/displayProduct.jsp?sku=3717720&CMP=e-2072-00001000
    or this
    http://www.abcomponents.co.uk/B4D122N11100098000
    or at teh bottom of this there are special assemblies
    http://www.apem.co.uk/pushbutton.html

handyman153
    Free Member

Just a quick thank you to everyone for the inputs.

Got it working now, a lot simpler than my mind was trying to make it.

Knew this was the right place to ask 😀

Josh..

Spongebob
    Free Member

A simple two way rocker switch is all you need!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Technical Advice, Trying to find a 2 button switch. Please help..’ is closed to new replies.