Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tech question….how to screen grab on a pc to insert in a word document.
  • rockhopper70

I would like to transfer a still frame from a windos media movie to a word doc. Can this be done without all the clutter around the freeze frame?
    Thanks in anticpation.

Wookster

Like a screen shot??? If so it’s print screen button on what you want to copy then in the page you want it it’s hold control and press V.

I’ve missed the point though have I not?!?!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just do as above and then use the crop button..

druidh
    Free Member

PrtScn, then use something like the MS Office Picture Manager to crop all the stuff you don’t want.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’d do this: take a screen shot > paste it into a Paint file > crop it down > save > insert as picture/image in the Word document.

Drac

Snipping tool for windows 7 saves a lot of hassle.

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

if you want to take just a frame of a movie it can be done using Media Player Classic. Google it, it’s free. Then iirc use F5 (if that doesnt work pause the movie then go to file>save image) to take a screen shot which you could then stick into Word. the screenies are just of the movie. no surrounding borders or whatever.

Pogo
    Free Member
    rockhopper70

Thanks chaps….I knew STW would come to the rescue.

FuzzyWuzzy

If you do quite a lot of screenshots I’d recommend getting snagit http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/

Cougar

If you press Alt-printscreen rather than just printscreen, it’ll grab the active window rather than the whole screen.

You’ll still have the Window borders though; if you want to remove this you’ll have to crop it in something like Paint. If you want something with a bit more grunt, paint.net is free and very good.

miketually
    Free Member

You’ll still have the Window borders though; if you want to remove this you’ll have to crop it in something like Paint.

Word has a crop tool.

Sometimes need to turn off snap to grid, to get accurate crops. Remember to compress the image afterward, to reduce file size and to stop people uncropping the screenshot and seeing all the pr0n tabs you had open at the time.

Drac

I wasn’t joking about snipping tool it’s so much easier than other suggestions, I think you can get it for XP too now.

tragically1969
    Free Member

If you do quite a lot of screenshots I’d recommend getting snagit http://www.techsmith.com/snagit/

+1, its a brilliant little app

rootes1

if you have Google Picasa installed and it is open when you take a screen number via keyboard..

it automatically only dumps the active window without using alt you can also further crop as required in piscasa – it auto saves into a screen dump folder, plus also if seems to produce nicer dumps.

then just paste from picasa back into word

DrJ

+1 for SnagIt

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Easiest way I’ve found is

1. Load screen on monitor
    2. Place monitor on photocopier.
    3. Photocopy screen.
    4. Scan in photocopy. Save as jpg.
    5. Import jpg into Word.

Perfect results everytime.

miketually
    Free Member

3. Photocopy screen.
    5. Import jpg into Word.

I don’t have a colour photocopier 🙁

ken_shields
    Free Member

rockhopper

YGM

rockhopper70

Thanks for the email Ken…I appreciate your assistance and effort.

cranberry
    Free Member

3. Photocopy screen.
    5. Import jpg into Word.

I don’t have a colour photocopier

Just buy some crayons and colour in the resulting black and white image. 🙂

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tech question….how to screen grab on a pc to insert in a word document.’ is closed to new replies.