Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tec M4 & Shifter
  • Tony.w
    Free Member

Happy New year all, just fitting my new M4s and a little dissapointed with the way the flip flop leaver obstructs the shifter return lever (fore finger lever) Anyone had this happen to them and anyone know if there is a combined shifter/brake bracket. Standard shimano XT shifter by the way.
    Thanks

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Move the lever inboard. Unless you have weird hands – I beg your pardon if you do – you’ll probably find that the brake feels much better anyway, if your braking finger is closer to the tip of the lever blade.

shredder
    Free Member

Yes Hope make a XT matchmaker clamp one clamp then for brake & shifter. Might need to check if your XT shifter is compatable.
    http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=9244
    Hope that helps

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I have SRAM shifters rather than XT, but there are two things about the Tech levers which should be common:

1) The actual levers are pretty long, so you need to mount them a long way inboard for one finger braking. Should leave plenty of room for the shifter

2) I use the matchmaker clamp which is absolutely brilliant. Plenty of adjustment for perfect positioning and less clutter on the bars

coatesy
    Free Member

XT shifters also have an adjustable mount so you can move them left and right once you’ve settled on a brake position.

Tony.w
    Free Member

Thanks for your comment…yeh can move the lever inboard a little but its a personal set up thinking I will look into the combo.

Thanks

Three_Fish
    Free Member

How many fingers do you use to brake?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tec M4 & Shifter’ is closed to new replies.