Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)
  • Team Sky Kit.
  • crazy-legs

I would have one (with Shimano), although to be honest I look at that alongside (say) the Madone 7-series and it looks a bit of a turkey! Being heavier than most company’s aero frames, whilst less aero than many ‘lightweight’ frames isn’t a stunning set of credentials.

I can’t stand the look of the Pinarellos.
    Cav made some very entertaining comments about being back on Specialized for 2013. Something along the lines of “thank **** for that!”

Rob Hayles was even more brutal in his assessment of them when Dave Brailsford first said about the deal with Pinarello when Sky were just being set up. 🙂

flange
    Free Member

Actually I’m changing my mind – that Trek is the bestest…..Jesus, what have I become…

bikebouy
    Free Member

That kit looks nice IMO, subtle and yet interesting..

Dogmas a nice bike to ride, though it looks better in black only and stelth black wheels..

Blackhound

The few Rapha bits I have has lasted very well, pride of place to a £20 jersey bought in a sample sale. Could not see a fault in it and still putting in the miles without shouting biker to much. Great for touring.

The ‘SKY’ logo (or any other for that matter) would put me off buying it as I prefer to be un-logoed these days. I wonder if they will do one in a reverse colour scheme or something later on because as has been said above black does not help with road safety.

Overall I see it as a positive thing. A British based team using a British brand of clothing that people can generally associate with is a good thing. Prefer it wasn’t Sky maybe.

How many tossers 3 years ago when DB said the aim was to win the TdF said there was no chance of that happening?

Mine is the first hand!

RealMan
    Free Member

Venges look pretty cool, but I’ve heard they’re kinda heavy and flexy compared to other similar bikes. Madones look boring, Dogmas look bling. It’s hard to decide on a favourite though, some of the giant frames are pretty sick.

flange
    Free Member

That Giant looks a bastard

njee20
    Free Member

That does look good! Would still have the Madone though, love the clean line of the stays with no brake!

Edit: and this frame built with Ultegra Di2 for £3700 looks good IMO:

brakes
    Free Member

I’d definitely buy a fanbois jersey if they were £30, not £80.

richpips
    Free Member

I’ll get one for my lad £50

http://www.rapha.cc/team-sky-kids-jersey

njee20
    Free Member

Age 12… kids are fat these days, worth a try for me I reckon!

AlexSimon

But if you’ve got the brake down there – how can you get away with the magic spanner after a wheelchange!?

njee20
    Free Member

Magic spanner? As in the QR lever? There isn’t one – different style of brake:

AlexSimon

Magic spanner? As in the QR lever? There isn’t one – different style of brake:

No – the “Magic Spanner” is when they pretend to adjust the brake while towing the rider back into the bunch.

See also “Sticky Bottle”,

njee20
    Free Member

Aah I see, familiar with sticky bottles!

I reckon there’s more scope for magic spanner use – lean out of team car and grab seat tube, no one can see if they’re fiddling with the brake!

mikecarr1962
    Free Member

To be honest the Rapha kit looks pretty good and IMO its great to see a cycling specific brand get involved with the most successful team of 2012. Not sure what all the fuss is about. If you don’t like it don’t buy it – simple.
    What I would say is that irrespective whether some people dislike the ‘Wanabe’ impersonation of star riders, the fact that people do and will buy the kit raises the profile of both Sky as a team and increases revenue which has to be to the benefit of cycling as a whole. So what if there’s a few fat guys wearing the gear, they need the bikes to ride which keep the bike shops open and the Sportives full. Let’s be glad that there are companies stepping up their ante and investing further in the sport.

Btw I have a non current Team Sky replica bike (only the 60.1 Dogma mind), am I going to be harangued for that?

Viewing 15 posts - 161 through 175 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Team Sky Kit.’ is closed to new replies.