Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 175 total)
  • Team Sky Kit.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

So Team Sky unveil there new Rapha kit for 2013 , Looks a bit cack to be fair. Being small and a bit over weight Im not one for wearing team kit when out cycling seeing as I struggle to maintain 20mph never mind 30mph.

Whats your views , Team Sky.

sambob
    Free Member

The cost of the replica kit doesn’t even bear thinking about.

matthew_h
    Free Member

How terribly boring. Not a patch on the old kit imo

mrmo
    Free Member

if your going to ask for comments about the kit how about a link to the actual kit not to some press release saying that Rapha are the new supplier.

The only image i have seen the kit looks fine.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Yawn

druidh
    Free Member

They’re supplying the Norwegian team too?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I agree with mrmo bloody annoying that there is know photo stream of the kit, launch fail in retrospect. I do prefer simplicity in kit, I don’t own any Rapha kit myself but like the look of it and I would never wear any Team wannabe kit.

PrinceJohn

I don’t understand the whole cycling team kit thing being available to joe public, actually I do, to make money, I don’t understand why joe public would want to buy it.
    It’s not like a football shirt where you can wear it when not cycling (I know that wearing football shirts is an argument for another day but it is socailly acceptable…) & surely when Brad et al are out training they’ve got some other training kit on & if you’re a good enough roadie you’ll have your own sponsor kit for racing etc?

druidh
    Free Member

I’m sure Rapha will be happy to sell you all sorts of casual, but subtly logo-ed gear.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    They’re supplying the Norwegian team too?

POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO #

No, that’s the Norwegian Champions colours.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m surprised that this is the case but I think the old one looked better. The ‘wet look’ on the black jersey is a little too gimp for my liking, cuffs on the sleeve look too big, collar looks odd. Logo’s a different size on EBH’s jersey (I assume) to accommodate the national colours.

It has the look of something that was 80% complete but never quite had the time or attention spent on it to sort out the finer details. For all their many faults as a company, detailing is something I would normally associate with Rapha, but this design looks rushed.

anagallis_arvensis

Rapha is cycling kits for wanabee cyclists with far too much money.

glupton1976
    Free Member

That looks like a cheap, badly designed and poorly made copy of what I was expecting the new kit to be like.

stanfree
    Free Member

I had a wee sneaky look in the Rapha shop in London last month . Some lovely kit but the thought of wearing a £130 jumper to fall of my bike in seems a bit ridiculous. Still if you can afford It why not , the Team sky kit still looks a bit drab though.

Ladders
    Free Member

Well we now know what all the Mamils who buy Di2 Colnago’s and Speches will be wearing round Richmond park this year!

carbon337
    Free Member

Wouldn’t buy any replica team gear so doesnt bother me. I will keep buying rapha gear when I can though, why? Cos their winter jersey, the last purchase is bloody great and I’ve worn it most days since buying it 2 months ago. Wearing it more than any other single item of clothes I own.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I don’t understand why joe public would want to buy it.

Me neither, but I don’t understand why people wear premiership football strips when their physique suggests they are unlikely to participate in any sporting activity.

If you are into your road cycling you probably have joined a club so wear club kit or if you can afford it stylish Italian stuff or rapha.

Trade team kit is for those who dabble in cycling but still want to differentiate themselves from commuters and MTB’ers wearing badly fitting DHB/Altura

zilog6128

I don’t understand the whole cycling team kit thing being available to joe public,

Some people want to wear the same shirt as their heroes. If you have a problem with that, you need to get over yourself.

commuters and MTB’ers wearing badly fitting DHB/Altura

oi, have you been poking around in my wardrobe?!

simmy
    Free Member

Even if I had a proper road bike I wouldn’t wear the replica kit as I think you would need the Correct bike, like a Dogma 2, and the full deal not to look silly.

I’ve a couple of Team Sky T shirts as I think they look good and I like Adidas stuff, but I’m not going to jump straight in and buy the Rapha T shirts.

mrmo
    Free Member

I wouldn’t wear the replica kit

old replica is ok, fagor, pdm, mapei,etc, current kit not so imo

big_n_daft
    Free Member

surely when Brad et al are out training they’ve got some other training kit on

They use team kit, usually its compulsory as part of the contract. They are afterall moving billboards.

Replica kit sales are good for cycling, it shows the advertising money is well spent. More the advertisers get for their money the more they invest in the sport instead of others.

For the snobs then they can rest easy that you can’t race wearing it (sportives aren’t races) so they won’t be lining up against a dozen “bradley’s”

jota180
    Free Member

Even if I had a proper road bike I wouldn’t wear the replica kit as I think you would need the Correct bike, like a Dogma 2, and the full deal not to look silly.

Matching bike and team kit? – That’s when you’d look particularly silly rather than just plain daft

nealglover
    Free Member

but I don’t understand why people wear premiership football strips when their physique suggests they are unlikely to participate in any sporting activity.

Are you sure you don’t understand it ?

It’s really quite simple.

RealMan
    Free Member

😀

Some people want to wear the same shirt as their heroes. If you have a problem with that, you need to get over yourself.

Massive +1.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Surely all the fanboyz will be in the new omega pharma quickstep kit?

oldgit
    Free Member

That’s it is it, what we’ve been waiting for, the whole cloak and dagger thing.

It’s black with SKY on it, and a jaunty coloured arm band like every top they do.
    **** me they are the Roger Moore of cycling.

stanfree
    Free Member

^^^^^ 😆

oldgit
    Free Member

It would be great if they did every team kit.
    Rabobank, black with and orange bit.
    Leakygaz, black with a lime bit.
    BMC, black with a red bit.
    Obviously they couldn’t do any other teams with blue in it.

RealMan
    Free Member

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Is Wiggo auditioning for the Village People in that pic? He’d have a better chance if he did the actions as well but the camp clothing seems about right.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Top kit.

You lot would moan about free food.

clubber
    Free Member

it had better be organic 👿

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

not sure how the exclusive elitist pseudo-heritage image of Rapha is a good fit for the massive corporation that is Sky, and the scientific “romanceless” way they have dominated races? I can’t see the Raphanista embracing Sky, and the casual cycling fan who’s adopted Sky as the British team getting into Rapha?

MrSmith
    Free Member

The race kit is made by Nalini so that should help if any sky fans cant bring themselves to wear middle class baubles.

oldgit
    Free Member

Really, just assumed it was made by Rapha, thought they were a cycle clothing emporium.

footflaps

I don’t get the whole wearing current Replica kit whilst riding a bike, just looks really odd to me, like trying too hard…

oldgit
    Free Member

So Nalini are outfitting a Rapha supported team?

What does that say about Rapha?
    Is Nalini made in Italy?
    Isn’t a lot of Rapha made in China?

Final word on the whole Rapha thing. For the bull you spout and the prices you charge; give us the real deal.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Nalini made for Adidas, what does that say about Adidas?
    Does it really matter?
    Maybe you have a beef with the U.K’s most stylish lifestyle cycling brand which clouds your objectivity?
    🙄

somafunk

Looks like any other roadie cycling lycra jerseys/kit to me, ie : gash and garish looking on skinny cyclists and so outa place i almost feel like pointing and giggling when i see it draped over the vast majority of non-pro cyclists as they huff n’ puff along the road whilst lycra’d up.

I should thank my lucky stars i’m not a roadie then eh? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 175 total)

The topic ‘Team Sky Kit.’ is closed to new replies.