Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Team Sky Jerseys – How many can you spot?
  • sandwicheater

Sat in my office in Sowerby Bridge (Halifax) and the amount of riders out is great to see. Surprised how many Sky fan boys exist.

I’m on 34 so far today.

montarius
    Free Member

This thread is useless without pictures..

lemonysam
    Free Member

Sat in my office in Sowerby Bridge (Halifax) and the amount of riders out is great to see. Surprised how many Sky fan boys exist.

I thought these were the folk boycotting the tour this year because of Wiggins not starting?

molgrips
    Free Member

I wish they would get 10 of them together and cruise around in a bunch, see how many beeps/waves/shouts they get.

robgclarkson
    Free Member

what’s a fan boy?

rusty90
    Free Member

I did (most of) the stage 1 route a few weeks back and passed a prime example. Complete Sky kit including National Champion jersey with ‘Wiggo’ down the side and riding an actual Pinarello.
    I rode off up the hill on my CX bike in my touring shorts and old club jersey feeling smugly awesome 😀

Also encountered a group from the Skipton CC which included a lady taking a selfie with her phone whilst riding up Grinton. Much more stylish.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Does this actually include ‘proper’ Sky riders?

Seen a few of them since Wednesday.

thegreatpotato
    Free Member

I saw one this morning. Slightly surprised by it though, as I was passing through Govan at the time.

AlasdairMc

I think the great thing about folk in Team Sky gear is that the vast majority of them will ride their bikes, whereas the vast majority of the people in football shirts won’t play football…

sandwicheater

I was just a bit bitter as the first group of five I spotted this morning had me grabbing my camera until I spotted the girth of some of there midriffs.

Can’t fault them, they are out on bikes.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Bloke passed me going through centre of Cardiff on wed morning had fully sky kit, including socks and he was on a pinarello. Mind he also had Thomas and a welsh flag on his jersey and was going like an express train. Cardiff roads good practice for the cobbles on stage 5.

brakes
    Free Member

I think we should be celebrating this fact, not deriding them – the Sky kit is cycling’s equivalent of the England football kit and the Sky Team are a lot more successful. We should celebrate this and not be middle class whiney cockbags™ about it.
    the only reason I don’t have one is because I don’t want to be a walking advert for Sky, and Rapha kit is too expensive.

rOcKeTdOg

I wore my fake one yesterday, but only coz it’s the only clean one I had

nealglover
    Free Member

I think we should be celebrating this fact, not deriding them

Agree.

But obviously a lot of people will just want to have a pop and call them fatties or whatever.

But they are out riding on a Friday morning, while most of the people having a pop will be sat at their desks pretending to work.

I’d rather be the “fatty fan boy” 😉

faustus

‘pretending to work’ – how dare you! 😉

rusty90
    Free Member

Fair enough. The perception of cycling has changed hugely and can only be beneficial. Telling people you were a cyclist in the ‘old days’ generally resulted in them pitying you because you couldn’t afford a car or looking at you as if you had two heads. Nowadays they tend to say ‘Ooh, me too’ or regale you with their knowledge of the sport.
    It’s only natural though that grumpy old roadies who served their apprenticeship when cycling was as fashionable as leprosy find the new found enthusiasm a little bit amusing.

sandwicheater

I do agree, personally would never don a team kit of any sort but as you say, they are out having fun on a bike.

I am jealous of the lot of them as I pretend to work.

Now up to 41, god i’m bored.

oldboy
    Free Member

Just took in Holmfirth to Holme Moss as part of my morning ride. Roadies everywhere – the only mountain bike I saw was mine! The atmosphere is definitely building up nicely.

fasthaggis

In April,a bloke in full Sky kit cruised cycled past me on a big hill in Majorca.
    He waggled his finger towards the edge of the road as he went by, as I was trying to cut the corners a bit.
    “What a poseur” I thought.
    After sweating racing my way to the top ,my mates asked” Did you see Wiggo then?” 😳

rusty90
    Free Member

This thread is useless without pictures.

[img]http://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t1.0-9/14878_10152663059074873_1154982230000567856_n.jpg[/img]

brakes
    Free Member

for what it’s worth, I will mostly be wearing this jersey…

sandwicheater

I like that brakes, where from good sir?

adsh
    Free Member

The only criticism I would level is the Sky kit is not very visible.

scaredypants

what happened to the small child on the left of the bunch in rusty90’s pic – did they open their eyes early enough to avoid hitting the signpost ?

chambord
    Free Member

I think the great thing about folk in Team Sky gear is that the vast majority of them will ride their bikes, whereas the vast majority of the people in football shirts won’t play football…

I ride my bike in a football shirt

rusty90
    Free Member

🙂 They don’t call him Titchie Richie for nothing

cinnamon_girl

what happened to the small child on the left of the bunch in rusty90’s pic – did they open their eyes early enough to avoid hitting the signpost ?

Nah, Ritchie Porte innit?

brakes
    Free Member

I like that brakes, where from good sir?

you can buy them here I believe.
    I got one from a family member who’s a ranger.

cinnamon_girl

I really wish I’d gone to Yorkshire. 🙁 Enjoyed it when it came to the South last century, amazing experience. 8)

Have fun all. 😀

TiRed

Can’t fault them, they are out on bikes.

This.

I may wear my Addidas WWF Sky jersey. Last time I wore it to the tour, David Brailsford signed it. Cav and a few other Sky riders signed my sons Olympic jerseys.

Does previous Sky kit count, or should I just wear my club jersey and avoid the shame of not being on (Rapha) message?

chestrockwell

Saw a chap with a Sky top in Skipton today and he was riding a mountain bike. It made me sad.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

LOADS. Usually underneath an adidas bag or atop a well panniered Ridgeback.

tomhoward

Only 2. But then, I was looking in my wardrobe.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Personally i wouldn’t wear team kit – i haven’t earned it is my way of thinking*. Its nice to see so many people wearing SKY kit though, shows how popular cycling is at the moment.
    *likewise any type of jersey with winners markings.

monkeyboyjc

I own (and have ridden in) a fake sky kit, £20 on ebay, but only to take the p out of a guy i ride with who just bought an f8? Poncerello.

nealglover
    Free Member

Saw a chap with a Sky top in Skipton today and he was riding a mountain bike. It made me sad.

I think you may be a bit too delicate for this world 😐

MrSmith
    Free Member

People like to laugh at a FKW (especially with at least 40mm of rim on show) lining the pockets of Rupert Murdoch but at least they are on their bikes not at the wheel of their BMW/Audi

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Team Sky Jerseys – How many can you spot?’ is closed to new replies.