• This topic has 20 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by nano.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Team Sky. Is it me?
  • crikey
    Free Member

Or are they a little lacklustre? A little off the pace?

Not really arsed about the Tour of Britain?

damo2576
    Free Member

Yep, defo off pace in TdF, Dauphine, Paris-Nice, Romandie

Tour of Britain just a show case for Wiggins/Cav.

crikey
    Free Member

Yep, defo off pace in TdF, Dauphine, Paris-Nice, Romandie

🙄

I’m referring to their performance in the Tour of Britain, but you knew that by reading what I wrote. You did read it didn’t you?

damo2576
    Free Member

It was only in the last para of your post that you referred to the Tour of Britain, I’d faded out by then…

MSP

Cav is the team leader for the race, could well have had 4 stage victories by now, but not quite worked to plan.

Would have been nice for Wiggins to go for the overall, but I think Wiggins and the team wanted to thank Cav for not upsetting the years main goals.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

crikey, you’ll have to learn about soundbites, some have very short attention spans 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

his reply used more words well done for getting though it

Aye fair point OP
    Was wiggo really ill looked fine yesterday?

crikey
    Free Member

I mean, I know it’s a bit of a chipper in racing terms, but I can’t help feeling that Sky should at least try to win it..

rudebwoy
    Free Member

its a bit after the lord mayor’s show, cav called it a chipper, so i don’t think they are too bothered, the management might feel different

unklehomered
    Free Member

It is a shame they aren’t going all out. But if you’ve won the TdF I can see how it’s not the most important thing that ever was…

That and they haven’t had the best luck in the opening days.

gren
    Free Member

I always assumed it was going to be a victory parade and to thank the fans. Thing is though they look like they can’t be arsed to even put on a show for the fans. They are the biggest team in it by miles but may not even get a top 10 gc place

epo-aholic
    Free Member

yeh, not the strongest team picked either (cav, brad excepted), giving that old geezer a swansong as well….

plop_pants
    Free Member

one way of insulting the efforts put in by the sponsors and not least all the volunteers.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

They do well for a few stages but seem to struggle to maintain contention for GC, yesterdays stage went bellyup and poor tactics were their undoing.

fbk
    Free Member

Real disappointment not to see Brad in Welshpool this morning. The sky team seemed generally a bit half arsed tbh. Last out of their bus, really quick signing session then bobbing from the start line to the bus and back during the delayed start. It’s gutting if he is really ill but you have to wonder after yesterday’s performance and the world champs looming…

Still, good to see Cav in the rainbow stripes leading them out.

Speshpaul

Wot fbk said, there was a bid stack of people waiting to say hello this morning, then it was off the bus and gone. seemed a bit …. well up themselves…. however Cav hid in the team car until right before the start, and was signing and chatting to a little crowd,he had a chat with my boy and signed his jersey. so all forgiven. Jez Hunt was chatty as well.
    i think BW has got his feet up for the world champs. imagine that eh:-)

bigpole
    Free Member

The tour of Britain is only a warm up to the world champs, and is still not taken seriously by the big teams, unfortunatley the weather and lack of heritage will relegate it to a 2nd div event, It is a shame as the potential is out there. I think its great that sky have put wiggo and cav out there but to give the event a bit of credence they should have gone all out to win it. a British team to win a British event. look at the Spanish attitude to the Vuelta.

warton
    Free Member

as bigpole said, the riders that are going to the worlds are just spinning their legs before the worlds

nano
    Free Member

They don’t seem to have got the tactics right (or they can’t be arsed). Wonder if they would be doing better with a radio link to the death star telling them what’s what.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Not sure you can call 3 stage wins “half arsed ” or not bothered

Don’t think they were ever true GC contenders with the team they sent more of a last chance for Cav to show off his world championship jersey and Wiggo to do a lap of honour.

Then Cancellara drops out of the worlds and it suits for Wiggo to get a bit more rest as his chances of a rainbow jersey have gone up.

nano
    Free Member

Well he isn’t riding the TT and the road race course doesn’t appear to suit him so I reckon he was ill this morning..

I suppose a lot of people expect them to dominate so when they don’t some of us wonder why.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Team Sky. Is it me?’ is closed to new replies.