Viewing 21 posts - 161 through 181 (of 181 total)
  • Team Sky announce team. Wiggins is watching from the side lines.
  • butcher

does that mean Millar has probably ridden his last TdF

I think he’s already announced his retirement for the end of the season. Making it pretty much it for him 🙁

aracer
    Free Member

Um, yes it is – just not part of the UK.

Thanks, butcher – I thought that was probably the case, but not sure.

igm

Aracer, I beg to differ

In 1266, the island became part of Scotland, as formalised by the Treaty of Perth. After a period of alternating rule by the kings of Scotland and England, the island came under the feudal lordship of the English Crown in 1399. The lordship revested into the British Crown in 1765, but the island never became part of the kingdom of Great Britain or its successor the United Kingdom, retaining its status as an internally self-governing Crown dependency.

Scots once, and indeed English, but not British.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kilo

The Welcome to Yorkshire people must be fuming. They’ve paid out all these millions and there are very few riders for the locals to cheer on.

Given that the tour is a massive internationaly covered event I suspect it won’t make much difference to them, there were only 5 british riders in 2007 and the crowds were still massive

aracer
    Free Member

IoM is part of the British Isles (unlike Kenya), hence inhabitants are British.

See also http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1981/61 – Cav has British nationality.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

It’s funny how IOM riders can take part in British Championship if according to some IOM is not part of Britain. 🙄 Two Manx men in a row wearing the jersey.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

millar tweets bike for sale

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Millar announced earlier this year he was retiring and this is his swansong year. The Cycling Podcast from last week is now slightly painful, its an interview with Millar where he names Wegelius his best ever DS (who is the face Garmin are putting to the decision) and talks of his dream to attack and lead the field onto the Champs Elysee for the final time.

They’re saying he’s sick and won’t be fit, but I’m not sure who got his slot and what else they bring to the table- Millar is respected for his abilities as a road captain and decision maker.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Navardouskas in Millars slot according to Vaughters on Twitter.

Lifer
    Free Member

DNF in the nationals (TT & Road race) makes him look like a massive risk for the Tour.

Head/heart.

edhornby

Good news – Simon Yates is riding for OGE

press statement says that his collarbone is now healed – they chose not to take Adam because he’s been racing so much already this year

jfletch
    Free Member

If only Orica actually sold anything it would be a massive PR win with Simon riding the tour.

But yay for mining supplies!

pondo

That IS cool. He is going to be one motivated puppy, after Adam’s wins!

AlexSimon

Great news.

My banner is looking good – should motivate him.

Here’s a rough sketch:

Go on Brad[s]Alex[/s]DavidSimon!

mudshark
    Free Member

Millar will be working on ITV4’s show, happy about that.

bikebouy
    Free Member

mudshark – Member
    Millar will be working on ITV4’s show, happy about that

Really?? Excellent I’ll record that.

I’m really gutted Daves out, I was soo looking forward to seeing him ride his last Tour.

All my heros are gone or going. Clearly I’m getting very old 😕

jfletch
    Free Member

Here’s a rough sketch:

Go on BradAlexDavidSimon!

That is deserving of some road graffiti!

timb34
    Free Member

Seen on br:

butcher

The Expendables would be awesome!

markrh
    Free Member

Just followed that link to the Chris Boardman interview and thought crossed my mind, what would team sky be like if he ran the show…
    Answers please!
    Ps, could he look more boffinish?

Viewing 21 posts - 161 through 181 (of 181 total)

The topic ‘Team Sky announce team. Wiggins is watching from the side lines.’ is closed to new replies.