Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Team Meeting – Simple Ice Breaker?
  • z1ppy

Wot they said ^^^^ just leave it alone and get on with whatever it was you were meant to be meeting about.

Just get on with the bloody meeting that no one wants to be at so you can all go home.

+1 to both of these, I fricken hate meetings and extending them with bullshit is not going to make you popular. Tell em just that – that you not going to extend the meeting with bullshit & you get em on side more than doing a corporate song & dance show.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Hi there in 1995 – seriously do people still persist in doing this shit? Just have the meeting already damnit

gator
    Free Member

Used to do all that bollox years ago

I don’t turn up now !

But I had………… (used too team up with a mate)

High score on ‘bop-it’
    = fail at the start – get to watch the competition!!!

If you were trapped in a lift, who you you like to be with
    = Latest hot female on Lottery – “she can pull my balls out any Saturday night”
    Which animal
    = Favourite female’s lap dog
    = Favourite female’s pu$$y

Contents of pockets of person next to you
    = beer bottle tops – condoms – lube – anything small and stupid

All very old hat and pointless – or after 23 years at the same place, were we all know each other, I’m just sick of playing games! 🙄

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Depends on the situation a bit imho…..

for business meetings just get on with it

for those “training sessions ” no one wants to be at

Coffee and biscuits to start the day …

BUT

you cannot get your own, some one else has to make it for you.

Limit cuppa making to 2 or 3 cups each,

win win situation

You get folks talking without them realising they are doing the breaker most times and they are in a good mood cos they have the biccies

uplink
    Free Member

I don’t turn up either to these sort of things – total BS from start to finish

I have **** zero interest that Mandy [cos it says so on the big badge she is wearing] was once, nearly, almost selected for the England 3rd reserves hockey team

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

IO refuse to take part if I possibly can – one thing that sabotages it nicely is to work out the cost per minute to the company of the meeting and say that. “My name is Jeremy and I am watching the company waste £150 a minute on this”

I have also done (once I got the agenda) “is there anything useful going to happen?” “If not I have work to do” and left

Philby

Had to participate in one that a client organisation was running. The facilitator asked everyone to stand in a circle and pass a cushion to someone who then had to say what positive things had happened to them that day. Excruciating – especially as everyone else, apart from me, worked for the organisation so they all knew each other anyway. I had to make something up as I’d had a really s**t day.

I regularly train people in marketing who are thinking of setting up in business, so my “icebreaker” (stupid term) is just to ask them their business idea and a brand they admire – these brands can then be referred back to during different elements of the course.

You could ask your colleagues to come up with one thing a competitor organisation does better than you, or as suggested above identify an aspect of your business that could be improved.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Dear me, you lot certainly have a lot of disruptive, blocking behaviours to overcome your shyness!

spursn17
    Free Member

I went to a training course that was pure bs, with all of the associated crap. The group was asked to make up a rule each for the day to make it all go smoothly. Mine was ‘no dogs on the tables’, cue stony silence and tumbleweed blowing across the room.
    I was quietly peeing myself laughing, and none of them knew I was taking the p. Morons the lot of them.

chakaping
    Free Member

Get everybody to say what sort of tail they would have, if they could have one from any animal – and why.

stevemtb
    Free Member

The slap game. Each person has to close their eyes, someone slaps, punches, kicks or bites them and they have to guess who it was.

Let us know how it goes!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Team Meeting – Simple Ice Breaker?’ is closed to new replies.