• This topic has 29 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Teacher's names
  • Mog
    Free Member

On the way home from school this afternoon I told my 6 year old that I knew the Christian name of her teacher.

Ever since, it’s like I hold the key to the Holy Grail.

I’d forgotten the mystique facts about the teacher holds when you’re 6!

She can’t wait until Monday to share the knowledge.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Teachers going to love you….

househusband

Even after six years as a secondary teacher I still find it amusing that kids get so excited about finding out teacher’s names!

Jamie
    Free Member

How do you think he knows their first name?

Dangerous thing, pillow talk.

Swelper
    Free Member

Had a French teacher called Mr Ritchie I told everyone his first name was Mabossa

theotherjonv

Never mind knowing their names, seeing them out of school is weird to my kids. I think they think that the teachers only exist inside the school gates.

And seeing one of them at the swimming pool 😯 not right

phunkmaster
    Free Member

Even after six years as a secondary teacher I still find it amusing that kids get so excited about finding out teacher’s names!

*teachers’ names . . . just saying. 😉

househusband

Yup, fair enough – caught out by phunkmaster!

I might add that I’m a ‘techie’ teacher… 😳

matt_outandabout

We currently rent our kids teachers home while he is on sabbatical for a year, in Africa. Youngest_oab left school that night saying ‘goodbye sir’. The look on his face an hour later when he walked in the house and was told to call ‘sir’, Alastair….

phunkmaster
    Free Member

English teacher. Unfair advantage 😀

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Dont your ID tags have forenames like ours?

jaylittle
    Free Member

Even at secondary school the pupils love knowing this information. our name badges just have the first initial.

Mog
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

How do you think he knows their first name?

Dangerous thing, pillow talk.

Ha! Love the idea of pillow talk being ‘So …. what’s your first name then, love?’

Although she was wearing her jim jams when I saw her this afternoon….

niksnr
    Free Member

Year 11, head of year was Mr. Dick. Nuff said. No-one wanted to know his first name!! 😀

jaylittle
    Free Member

I worked with a teacher called mr nutt, pupils found out his partner was called hazel…. he got some serious stick!

MrNutt
    Free Member

oh really? I think we’d best have a few words after class Jason.

MrNutt
    Free Member

My primary school teacher was called Miss Fortune. Nuff said really.

ampthill

I’ve been John for most of my teaching career….

milky1980
    Free Member

Took my 13 year old cousin to school once. Got to the school gates and bumped into an ex-girlfriend from my college days. Got talking to her, catching up etc. Turned out she was his form tutor!! He put two and two together and realised that I knew more than just her first name 8)

ontor
    Free Member

I have the middle initial x on our school systems (we have to have 3 letters apparently and I have no middle name). I tell the (secondary) kids I have spanish roots and it stands for Xavier or Ximenes. It’s amusing when the two groups argue over which name is, “but he told me it was….”, usually they twig at this point…

tiggs121
    Free Member

Techy teacher here too – where are you Househusband?

Kids in our place know all teachers first names as when we use our projectors to show daily bulletin etc the name of the user is on the bottom of the screen.

I do remember as a kid it was a big deal to find out the teachers’ name.

aracer
    Free Member

I do IT support at my kids’ school. Have to do the mental switch between referring to the teachers by first or surname depending on whether I’ve got my kids with me (something I sometimes fail on with the headteacher, as I tend to have more direct dealing with him than anybody else, so very used to first name terms!) I have on occasion really struggled to remember surnames, as I don’t use them on a regular basis for most of the teachers – actually now I come to think of it I’m not even sure I know the surnames of some TAs.

FWIW my kids’ teachers are called Claire and Liz 😉

Spin
    Free Member

Some teachers refuse to divulge their first name to pupils which makes it a big deal.

If they ask me I just tell them which takes the wind right out of their sails.

maccruiskeen

Most?

Is this a witness protection thing?

MoreCashThanDash

My lad’s primary school has just lost a teacher called Mr Trumper. If that was my name, I doubt I’d set myself on a career path that would bring me into contact with large groups of semi feral 8 year olds……

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Had a Geography teacher called Mrs Russian at the same time as a driving instructor called Mr Driver, bizarre.

bencooper
    Free Member

My Primary head teacher was Mrs Crotch.

kcal

Our kids’ head teacher at primary school was Mr. Barron. Nothing particularly unusual about that, except when I was at school with him, his surname was ‘Bottom’. A wise choice I’d say !! And I was always impressed at how few kids actually knew this, given how many of their parents did!

ampthill

Most?

Is this a witness protection thing?

No I have worked at a school and college which were teachers used their first names

I have also worked at a school where I was Mr Clinch. But I think everyone knew I was John

Spin
    Free Member

Had a Geography teacher called Mrs Russian at the same time as a driving instructor called Mr Driver, bizarre.

Nominative determinism or aptonyms?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Teacher's names’ is closed to new replies.