Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • TdF – what days do I take off
  • scaredypants

I know, I could look for myself but fankly I’m not into it enough to really know what’s what

so, if I’ve 2-3 days to take off to watch good racing, what do we suggest?

cyclistm
    Free Member

Presume you mean on Tele?

scaredypants

oh, yeah, telly

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Merak

Don’t bother taking any time off. I’ve done that in the past..only to watch eight hours of coverage and for it all to happen in the last 15 minutes.

Highlights on Eurosport. Keep your days off for better things!

scaredypants

there’ll be bicyclage involved before the coverage starts, followed by beer as it starts (I’ll be following the “Dutch corner” model, essentially)

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I’d say watch some of the classic stages of the past on youtube.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im with you scaredy.

The first year I actually got into following a grand tour I had a project on, but working at home so put tdf up on the second screen and followed every minute of the tour from 10am each day till lantern rouge.

Bloody loved it.

Nowadays I dont work hard enough to be at my desk for long enough to follow the tour properly. I kind of miss that.

I reckon the day to Bagneres will be good. But thats a Saturday anyway

Thursday 14th Mont ventoux is a must. But a couple of long days with few hills is great for just watching the peloton work.

slowoldman

I have decided on
    Station des rousses Sat 8th Jul
    Chambery Sun 9th jul
    Peyragudes Thu 13th Jul
    Foix Fri 14th Jul
    Serre Chevalier Wed 19th Jul
    Izoard Thu 20th Jul

I love watching stages from as early was coverage allows. I enjoy watching the whole thing develop.

Stoner
    Free Member

Im talking shit BTW, I was looking at the wrong map, trying to watch Deadpool at the same time.
    But as SOM says, 13th & 14th but the whole week will be good.

scaredypants

stoopid forum software – just typed a reply and pressed go, then immediately lost the masterpiece and got logged out instead 🙄

Anyhow, yeah, I quite like seeing a whole day develop, even if usually it all comes down to the last half hour

Great when something different happens, like that “Bertie break” in the vuelta when they dropped Froome and the sky train vapourised

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TdF – what days do I take off’ is closed to new replies.