Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)
  • TdF Stage 9 [Possible Spoiler Content]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Morning all.

Not sure who’s going to have it today. It looks a bit of a flat run in to the finish. Think Thor will still be in yellow? Could see the break staying away today.

And here’s a pic of Cadel’s custom slammed TT bike. Lovely.

Some useful links:

http://live.cyclingnews.com/
    http://gaps.letour.fr/us.php
    http://data.srmlive.de/TDF/

IdleJon

My money is on Gilbert!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Afternoon beginning to think it was rest day 😉

IdleJon

Having just turned on, that’s a handy breakaway group! Voeckler, Casar, Flecha, Terpstra, etc. 3’22” with 121km to go though, so can’t see it lasting.

Come on Tommy, it will stick one day.

RealMan
    Free Member

You’re lucky I got woken up tbh, I could’ve slept a few more hours easily 😉

Gessink in trouble, white jersey could be up for grabs.

IdleJon

Oh dear Contador has fallen off! 😆

I don’t really mind if he wins. I just want him to really work for it.

And no team mates are back with him?

headfirst
    Free Member

Yeah, hard to call today. I think the big GC guys will finish in a lead group, with someone else allowed to go off the front at the very end. Cadel definitely in yellow this evening.

headfirst
    Free Member

Just a thought, there’s no real ‘patron’ anymore, last one being LA. Is this a good or bad thing?

IdleJon

Just a thought, there’s no real ‘patron’ anymore, last one being LA. Is this a good or bad thing?

Better for the neutral spectator surely? Remember the Cancellara episode last year?

headfirst
    Free Member

Jon, I tend to agree. Although I wonder if we might have had less crashes if word had gone out in the peleton to keep calm?

crazy-legs

I want Voeckler to get it. If anyone deserves a win it’s him, he’s proper awesome.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

😐

jeffcapeshop
    Free Member

ooft

dirtyrider
    Free Member

vino in the woods, looks over for him, such a shame after yesterdays balls out attempt for yellow

crazy-legs

Good to see JAFlecha in the break again as well. Not bothered about Vino – druggy cheat. Seems like Millar has been caught up in the crash too which is a shame.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Not bothered about Vino – druggy cheat. Seems like Millar has been caught up in the crash too which is a shame.

sad for one druggy, yet not for another?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

vino and van den broek confirmed out

headfirst
    Free Member

Carnage! Millar looked in a bad way too, flat out on the floor

epicsteve
    Free Member

That was a nasty one. Good chance for the breakaway to stay away now.

Edric64
    Free Member

If Millar drops out I wont be sad as he is another druggie cheat.

crazy-legs

sad for one druggy, yet not for another?

Didn’t really want to get into this but yes. Millar is a reformed character, he’s admitted his wrongdoings and now works hard to redeem himself and the sport.
    Vino never really admitted anything, never said sorry and has never given any concrete evidence of being reformed – his exact words when he returned from his ban when Ned Boulting asked “Can you guarantee that you’re now racing clean?” were “You’re looking at a different Vino”. Hardly the most emphatic statement…
    Then he refused to make any further comment.

Watching Voeckler on the descent is great, look at him ride! I really hope that break succeeds, JAF needs a good showing for Sky after the disasterous loss of Wiggins and Voeckler just deserves it for trying so hard!.
    Race radio now saying it was David Zabriskie fallen, not David Millar.

RealMan
    Free Member

Shame that Chavanel has had some bad luck and doesn’t appear to be on form. I’m still hoping that he finds some legs and goes for a long solo break later on though.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

the pack aren’t chasing. for whatever reason,,,

RealMan
    Free Member

Zabriskies abandoned.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

broken pelvis for vino

crazy-legs

Yeah just heard that, I actually feel a bit sorry for him now. Broken femur, cracked pelvis. I’ve cracked my pelvis before and it’s bloody painful!

Seems Zabriskie has a broken shoulder.

Looks like the gap between breakaway and bunch has steadied at about 5 mins 30 sec.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Millar is a reformed character, he’s admitted his wrongdoings and now works hard to redeem himself and the sport.
    Vino never really admitted anything, never said sorry and has never given any concrete evidence of being reformed – his exact words when he returned from his ban when Ned Boulting asked “Can you guarantee that you’re now racing clean?” were “You’re looking at a different Vino”. Hardly the most emphatic statement…
    Then he refused to make any further comment.

What a crock of poo. Just cos a cheat sez ‘ooh I’m so sorry’ don’t change the fact that they’re a cheat.

Vino deserves the same treatment as Millar.

(Wonders what the attitude towards Millar would be if he weren’t a Dirty Foreigner…)

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

What is causing the absolute carnage in this year tour? Too many riders?

crazy-legs

No, it’s the same number of riders as always, 200 or so.

Sometimes it’s the weather, also crashes cause nerves which causes more crashes.
    Mostly I’d say that it’s because there’s no one ‘main’ contender or team, there’s a whole host of people who could win this race so there’s more teams trying to get their riders to the front and no team is really strong enough to control the bunch in the way that Discovery Channel used to be able to.

crazy-legs

Vino deserves the same treatment as Millar.

Vino had the same treatment – a 2 year ban.
    The difference is that Millar only used EPO on a couple of occasions – almost under protest. Yes, it took til he was caught before he admitted it but he did, he’s said sorry and his actions subsequently have done a lot to heal his reputation and help the sport.

Vino was on a systematic blood doping programme and has done nothing since to redeem himself.

They’re both cheats yes. What I’m talking about are their actions afterwards. I’ve got a lot of respect for Millar for what he’s done since. Read his book, it’s very good – gives a great insight into his psyche.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No.

I’m not interested in what cheats have to say.

crazy-legs

Interesting conspiracy theory going round that Contador’s earlier fall may have been caused by another rider deliberately pushing/forcing him into the ditch…

He’s not a popular chappie is he…

roper
    Free Member

is this Contador being elbowed off his bike?
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwviTmZZSlk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well I like him so that’s all that matters, quite frankly.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Whoa! WTF was that driver doing???? 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

bloody hell!

mrmo
    Free Member

!!!!!!!!

gonetothehills
    Free Member

JA Flecha! Did you see that?! 😯 What’s going on? French TV car just took him out.

crazy-legs

WTF?! NOOOOO!! Poor guys. 🙁

j_me
    Free Member

Who’s in the fence. That’s horrific.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 9 [Possible Spoiler Content]’ is closed to new replies.