Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)
  • TdF Stage 8 – A Terrific Launch Pad [Spoilers]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

In my opinion, this could very well end up being the key stage of the Tour! The course is just 157 km long, but it has been designed to promote attacks and comebacks. If a favourite loses three minutes on the previous day’s final climb, he will get the chance to make amends on this stage. There is a succession of six climbs, including the Col de la Croix a mere 16 km from the finish. This 3.7 km climb with an average gradient of 9.2% is a terrific launch pad! In short, this course is reminiscent of the one in Les Rousses, where Sylvain Chavanel stole the show two years ago. Back then, Andy Schleck regretted not having scouted the stage beforehand. This time he cannot say no-one has warned him. He’s had plenty of time to scout it while he hasn’t been riding the tour. Honestly, does no one ever update these things?

Does feel like a day for a break, and also for some of the guys who have lost big time to have a go at a bit of redemption. Ryder, Chavanel, Frank, et al might all try something. Could also be looking for Cadel or Wiggins to drop the other on the final climb and then try and stay away till the finish line.. Unlikely though I feel.

Some pretty cool pics, but the real one from stage 7 that I love is below..

http://www.steephill.tv/2012/tour-de-france/photos/stage-07/

SAGAN IS BOSS. I don’t know about you, but I can’t power wheelie a road bike (although I don’t think I’ve ever tried – maybe it’s easy).

I’ve got around 800 points to haul back, and I’m already 1 man down. I’m wondering if Rorschach has already got too far ahead..

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-tour-de-france

A few useful links

Live Cycling News Text Updates
    Steephill
    Official Tour Live Feed App
    Velogames Fantasy League
    Classifications
    Withdrawals

Junkyard
    Free Member

To reiterate Cuddles to puncture etc
    Andy Schleck for the Win he loves downhills as well

Ok I think this time Sky just defend the jersey to protect wiggo till the time trial where we will see him v Cuddles and have an accurate picture before the actual big mountains

Perhaps send Froome off to attack to make BMC work?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

From the British press I thought it was all over yesterday……

Aussies quietly confident/worried here – ripe for a team Sky breakaway

RealMan
    Free Member

Perhaps send Froome off to attack to make BMC work?

That’s a thought, but would only work if BMC actually think Froome is a proper threat, and if Froome isn’t destroyed from yesterday.

Junkyard
    Free Member

even better if they dont as Sky can have two contenders to make BMC think about.
    Pah recovery he will be fine..i heard he went to the pub afterwards had a few beers and some cake and he felt fine..it is the STW way [ it was his day off that diet ]

sunnrider
    Free Member

Looking forward to this one, I wonder if team Sky can repeat their performance from yesterday.

I reckon you´ll see a few real mountain riders have a go, I´d love to see Samu Sánchez try for it.
    Pity we don´t have Contador and Schleck now, they´d liven things up.

mrmo
    Free Member

That’s a thought, but would only work if BMC actually think Froome is a proper threat, and if Froome isn’t destroyed from yesterday.

Who came second in last years Vuelta, Froome is a threat. As such he can’t be left to go up the road on the off chance he has a bad day.

warton
    Free Member

going to be an interesting day today. I predict a stage for the pure climbers rather than the GC contenders…

was amazed at how poor F. Schleck was yesterday. maybe he’s stopped paying Fuentes for ‘training programmes’

scaredypants

Does feel like a day for a break, and also for some of the guys who have lost big time to have a go at a bit of redemption. Ryder,…

Isn’t hesjedal out ?

RealMan
    Free Member

Isn’t hesjedal out ?

That was a test, and you passed. Well done.

😳

RealMan
    Free Member

And they’re off. Jens wants a break? 😀

headfirst
    Free Member

Jens to to win today? Please God that would be great!

He was tweeting earlier about mixing it up today.

RealMan
    Free Member

Jens, Sanchez, Millar, Costa, Chavanel, Gilbert, and others all in the break. Group of heros.

allthegear
    Free Member

Does anyone know if there is an audio (only) stream online anywhere of the ITV4 coverage?

Need to go out but could follow on my iPhone if so…

Rachel

warton
    Free Member

thats a strong group. could easily stay out all day. I’d Love for Millar to get a win.

RealMan
    Free Member

OMG I really want to see Jens solo 130km to the win.

headfirst
    Free Member

This is too much jens out front and petit thomas attacking to join him. Magnifique!

theotherjonv

“every day i race so hard I make my legs cry”

Jens is a hero.

headfirst
    Free Member

Where’s tommy gone??

JV: I get paid to make other people suffer!

RealMan
    Free Member

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WfD7lYkKqA[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

OMG I really want to see Jens solo 130km to the win.

Ok but only id Cuddles punctures in the last 10 m

i will have a word with god for you

Dear LA
    Please could you fix it etc

😆

headfirst
    Free Member

The sound board is great. After my teenage daughter showing interest in the tour last year, every time Jens gets a mention she knows to shout ‘shut up legs!’

RealMan
    Free Member

Dear LA
    Please could you fix it etc

The sound board is great. After my teenage daughter showing interest in the tour last year, every time Jens gets a mention she knows to shout ‘shut up legs!’

😀

RealMan
    Free Member

Who’s the guy who keeps pronouncing Astana as As-tuh-nar?

headfirst
    Free Member

I believe that is the official pronunciation this year, heard a few say it, including big Phil L, and he is always right, isn’t he?

Matt Rendell to answer your question

RealMan
    Free Member

That was nasty, doesn’t look like Sanchez is getting back up.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Still down.

Shiiiit.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ouch.

donsimon
    Free Member

Did he just ride into the spectator?

RealMan
    Free Member

You can see how he’s reacting to the doctor moving his arm, he can’t go on like that.

ChrisE
    Free Member

His sholder looks very sloped

on the bright side that will help team GB on london in 3 weeks

gooner69

still watching gp, LL or sammy???

RealMan
    Free Member

Sammy.

gooner69

bollocks! he`s in my team. Along with martin who also isnt doing too well!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Helicopters are excellent.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Some top quality Sherwenisms today, horses, trains and all. It’s like TMS! 🙂

headfirst
    Free Member

Been speed-mowing the lawn, what happened to Jens?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Woah, woah! Did anyone catch the name of the rider who’s planning on doing a DH World Cup after The Tour?

Has to be seen to be believed.

Kudos indeed.

RealMan
    Free Member

Did anyone catch the name of the rider who’s planning on doing a DH World Cup after The Tour?

????

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Woah, woah! Did anyone catch the name of the rider who’s planning on doing a DH World Cup after The Tour?

Jean-Christophe Péraud – And he’s going to do a round of the XC World Cup, not DH.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 8 – A Terrific Launch Pad [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.