Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • TdF Stage 7 – This Is Going To Hurt [Spoilers]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

Much has been said and written about this one. This stage is obviously making its Tour debut, since it starts from Tomblaine (the main town of the Meurthe-et-Moselle canton) and heads towards the only ski resort in the Haute-Saône, which the Tour has never visited before but where it may return if the course delivers on its promise. There is much more to the stage than just the finish, as the Col de la Grosse Pierre and the Col du Mont de Fourche make it a real leg breaker! The result? This stage is going to hurt. Then the best will duke it out on La Planche des Belles Filles. An 8.5% gradient with certain sections at 13%. A gruelling climb…

I’m not sure who’s going to be going for it today – might be a break. Might be Evans, or Chavanel. Hoping for Sagan. Could see Tejay in there somewhere as well, or maybe Ryder might want to try something, he’ll probably be going for stage wins now.

Great pictures as always.

http://www.steephill.tv/2012/tour-de-france/photos/stage-06/

Sagan man crush now reaching dangerous levels.

With Rorschach picking Ryder instead of Evans, I can’t see him at the top for much longer.. I can also see the scores coming tighter now as the climbing teams begin to catch up with the sprinter and TT teams.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/stw-tour-de-france

A few useful links

Live Cycling News Text Updates
    Steephill
    Official Tour Live Feed App
    Velogames Fantasy League
    Classifications
    Withdrawals

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hopefully they can stay on their bikes, more crashes than the DH at the weekend

warton
    Free Member

that last climb is tasty, hopefully they’re going to race today, rather than wait for 1 big stage, I think Wiggins strength in the TT and yesterdays gaps mean they’re going to have to…

RealMan
    Free Member

hopefully they can stay on their bikes, more crashes than the DH at the weekend

I don’t think it’s actually been that bad, I can remember worse.

hopefully they’re going to race today

I can see it getting smashed to pieces, think that’s what happened last year on the first hilly stage which was meant to be an easy intro to the mountains, and everyone just destroyed each other.

MSP

I don’t see Sagan doing anything today, I think it will be a climber who probably isn’t in with a shout for the GC going for one day glory. Could be some time gaps opening up over that last 30km.

TiRed

Too early for Wiggins. Even though he said there was a risk of “detraining” sitting in the peleton 😯 . Ryder, come on my team needs you. Being thrashed in our works league too!

If Sagan wins, it’s epoch making…

boxelder

Ryder’s out isn’t he?
    Tom Voeckler – is he in one piece?
    An Italian to win today I say.

TiRed

So he is 🙁 . Voeckler is probably nursing his knee, another justgofaster man who isn’t delivering! Nibali anyone?

epicsteve
    Free Member

If Sagan wins, it’s epoch making…

If Sagan wins I expect he’ll be getting very familiar with the drugs testers!

mrhoppy

Can’t see the main contenders being split much today, it’ll be a bit cagey on the 1st hilly day. Europcar have been very quiet, maybe Rolland to have a go.

mrchrispy

if segan wins on the hills he’ll have to have tap fitted so make giving samples easier!

RealMan
    Free Member

Sagan pretending to be a domestique so Wiggins and Evans won’t be expecting a massive attack from him I see.

brakes
    Free Member

No idea on this one.
    Probably not one of the GC favourites.
    Maybe one of the climbers will go for it on the last climb as it’s a steep one.
    Rolland’s in my team so I’m hoping he’ll have go, but he’ll probably do it later in the race.
    One of the guys who lost time yesterday > Scarponi?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

has wiggins gained the power (or decent chain rings) to ride steeps now, unlike the Vuelta last year?

mildred

Mmmmm, Denis Menchov is looking a bit handy this year – I think he’s quietly come on form and he’s a decent climber (though he doesn’t seem the best technically on the descents). I reckon he’s doing a good job of hovering in the background. If he’s genuinely looking at GC then today may be a bit early, but if not it could be his kind of stage.

mildred

has wiggins gained the power (or decent chain rings) to ride steeps now, unlike the Vuelta last year?

I don’t think he was on form at the Vuelta, and I think he fluked it initially then tried to build on his surprise placing. Watching him, he looked knackered every day trying to affirm his leadership, when he should really have given up earlier and supported an on-form Froome.

Junkyard
    Free Member

just back from injury , hills longer and steeper than in the TdF and only dropped by expert climbers and still he was third iirc on the steepest behind the winner and Froome. as to what he has only time will tell

I expect someone to test the big boys today ? Schleck? or cuddles and wiggo to actually trade blows and it be a score draw..or he punctures and wiggo etc

RealMan
    Free Member

or he punctures and wiggo etc

😀

RealMan
    Free Member

Sagan dropped 🙁

crazy-legs

Impressive performance from Sky all of a sudden, looks like a proper team and they’ve put a lot of people in difficulty with that injection of pace.

CaptJon
    Free Member

I love the TdF.

RealMan
    Free Member

Lots of legs going zub zub, and we’ve hardly got to the climb.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Looks like there’s going to be some time gaps if this keeps going. Pacy!

RealMan
    Free Member

Cancellara flies out the back door.

crazy-legs

Barring disaster for Wiggins, looks like he’ll be in yellow tonight. Cancellara and Chavanel out the back means Wiggins is yellow on the road so unless Evans goes for a long one, Wiggins should be in yellow…

Haze

Go Sky…

crazy-legs

Franks Schleck looks to have no chance now long term. Lost too much time already and now out the back along with Kloden.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Frandy Shrek in trouble as well!

CL, I reckon Wiggo in yellow too. Could be an advantage if he can keep it until the ITT, as starting last would allow him to pace himself against the others.

Haze

Drop Nibali please 🙂

crazy-legs

CFH: all he needs to do now is keep his chain on those daft oval rings…

Having said that, look at Cancellara! That’s proper fighting spirit to hang in like that.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

He’s faster than all of us on those square oval rings, so they must do something! 🙂

Shrek’s getting no help from his team. They’ve blown it.

Sky are playing a blinder here.

CaptJon
    Free Member

This is very impressive from Sky.

brakes
    Free Member

they did this in the Dauphine and pulled it off.
    watch out for Evans though…

Haze

Menchov gone…

crazy-legs

Call the stage win – I reckon Evans to go for it to try and make a point – him for the win, Wiggins for yellow.

CaptJon
    Free Member

that speed!

crazy-legs

Holy shit!! OK, I didn’t expect that…

brakes
    Free Member

Frrrrroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmee!

organdonor
    Free Member

Didn’t see that coming 😯

Haze

Yay Froome!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 7 – This Is Going To Hurt [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.