Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • TdF Stage 6 – Something For Everyone [Spoilers]
  • brakes
    Free Member

blimey – good job he’s in my Fantasy TdF team…

RealMan
    Free Member

Sagan is so dope it’s ridiculous. I WANT MOUNTAINS.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Where’s Cav?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Haze

To be honest I’d like to see Sagan finish with green in Cavs absence.

Great finish.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

in the group 2 mins down

bigrich

broken drivetrain by Kenny, and Griekel was covered in blood, but sagan is a monster

midlifecrashes

didn’t see him in that group

dirtyrider
    Free Member

just coming in now

bigrich

where was wiggo?

Haze

Wiggins finished in the first bunch, lost no time.

sputnik
    Free Member

Wiggo in couple of seconds after sprinters

darrell
    Free Member

i have to say that like the Giro i am already totally bored of this TdF. All the crashes are turning it in to a lottery and spoiling the racing.

and Sagan, well when they something is too good to be true, it usually is

doped to the eyeballs – gotta be

Edric64
    Free Member

could have broken the record for most stage wins by now

How? he had won 20 after last year and Merckx record is 34 .It`s not possible to have won 15 stages 6 stages into this years race

Haze

Sagan’s potential was noted a couple of years back, he’s been steadily improving since.

donsimon
    Free Member

Got to be.
    Remember where you heard it first…

crazy-legs

How? he had won 20 after last year and Merckx record is 34 .It`s not possible to have won 15 stages 6 stages into this years race

They mean most stage wins by a pure sprinter. Merckx, Armstrong etc all won TT and mountain stages to add to their tally, Cav has got his wins on sprint stages alone.

warton
    Free Member

Got to be.

Did you say the same about Cavendish when he started winning?

Very, very talented youngster takes it to the next level.

donsimon
    Free Member

Did you say the same about Cavendish when he started winning?

No, but it’s got to be taken in context, hasn’t it?

warton
    Free Member

the context being?

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

So somebody new crashes the party and you think you are so clever to announce that he’s a doper before anybody else and with absolutely no proof whatsoever . What a sad cynical world you must inhabit .

donsimon
    Free Member

Well, from my point of view the context is easily found in this thread.
    http://singletrackworld.com
    Which I assume you’ve read, but you did miss it out when quoting, which is a bit odd if you’re going to quote me.

So somebody new crashes the party and you think you are so clever to announce that he’s a doper before anybody else and with absolutely no proof whatsoever . What a sad cynical world you must inhabit .

🙄

warton
    Free Member

you’ve lost me

donsimon
    Free Member

Apparently. 😛

warton
    Free Member

Personally I don’t think (and thats all any of us can do) that he’s doping. He’s had the talent for years, and has risen to the top of his game like a very select few can do. If you look at his three wins, two were short, sharp climbs, which is absolutely his strength, and stages he was almost expected to win, the third was a sprint against a bloke with a dislocated shoulder, and a bloke with a snapped chain.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I think you do him a slight injustice there . Even I would fancy myself in a sprint against a bloke with a dislocated shoulder and one with a broken chain .

crazy-legs

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FlOoUl2rWAc[/video]

😆 😆

headfirst
    Free Member

I’m a bit late to the party here, family visiting so only able to watch the stage this morning.
    Those saying Sagan is doping and then referencing the Armstrong debacle just show how ill-informed they are about road racing. One of the two big magazines on pro cycling did a big feature on Sagan about 6 months ago saying he was a phenomenon, so he’s not just appeared and won three stages out of nowhere. What warton says above is spot on. Also its pretty widely accepted that Lance’s wins were during a time of wide-spread doping. Since then average speeds for the Tour have come down – a pretty good sign that the sport has got cleaner. Nobody has suggested that Andy Murray has doped to out-do himself and get to the final, have they??

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 6 – Something For Everyone [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.