Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)
  • TdF Stage 6 [Possible Spoiler Content]
  • RealMan
    Free Member

At 226.5km (140.8 miles in proper money) it’s the longest stage of the tour, and tomorrow is pan flat – so I think today could be a good opportunity to make use of the final climb to the finish line to get a few seconds back and a stage win – maybe not Cadel, but someone like Geraint? Could be interesting.

Already under way, break at 8 minutes as we approach the first climb.

molgrips
    Free Member

Good afternoon RM, thanks for the thread 🙂 I was wondering where you’d got to.

What do people think is the best live text feed for non-UKers? I’d watch Eurosport but it’s all German and you have to sign up, and I don’t want to take the mick with bandwidth.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

My money is on Cav for this one today too. Beef boy to lose a few more seconds hopefully.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It looks too tuff a finish for the the pure bunch sprinters so I’m betting on more of a Spring classics type rider with a good turn of speed for the finish.

Would have tipped Boonen for the win but after yesterdays stage I can’t imagine he’ll want to do anything other than ride in the shelter of the group all day so I’m going for Goss or Gilbert for the win.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cav? Uphill finish? Tough day yesterday?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

What do people think is the best live text feed for non-UKers?

Not sure if you can get it outside of the UK but I tend to use the cyclingnews.com text feed to follow non televised races.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Molgrips – the official TDF site has a text feed.

Linkage

Haze

Money on Gilbert (each way though)

RealMan
    Free Member

http://live.cyclingnews.com/

Sorry Mol, I only just woke up. I might even get out of bed soon.

Worth mentioning it’s cold and rainy.

brassneck

cyclingnews.com for me, but my proxy is in Germany.. don’t see why it wouldn’t work in the UK though, I don’t think text feeds attract licensing issues.

molgrips
    Free Member

The offical letour.fr one is a bit pants tho, but I have that open anyway.

Yep I have cycling news, seems to be the best one so far.

What about this breakaway then?

Pooley
    Free Member

cyclingfans.com works well for me.

scaredypants

Hoogerland has attacked halfway up. Duque is chasing but Hoogerland’s teammate Westra is controlling the remainder of the break

how might one do this ??

RealMan
    Free Member

Dunno, just loaded my feed, weather looks horrible. Roads still lined with spectators though.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Proper confused myself then; itv.com is showing highlights from yesterday, then live at 2pm. Thought they’d whizzed through 140 miles!

clubber
    Free Member

It’d be great if Cav got this one too but yesterday’s sprint looked to have tired him out a fair bit as it really wasn’t a sprinters finish – I think he really pulled one out of the bag winning that.

diplomatt
    Free Member

Hoogerland has attacked halfway up. Duque is chasing but Hoogerland’s teammate Westra is controlling the remainder of the break

how might one do this ??

Sitting in at the back of the break – if they drag him up to Hoogerland they know he’ll just attack them so reduces the incentive to chase.

Stoner
    Free Member

so all these uphill finishes to put the kybosh on HTC sprint finishes…right idea or a bit spiteful? (and indeed futile…?) 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Few more points for Cav there.

Stoner, not sure. The TdF isn’t meant to be easy for anyone I guess. Early days anyway, if Cav gets ~5 wins I’d say no harm done.

warton
    Free Member

I think Cav may take it today, use his train to drive him up the hill then freestyle like he did yesterday. maybe a big ask, but it would be great to see!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m going for a lone break with a small straggle of ponchers (who’ve already broken away) If there was a stage Millar could have done it and Garmin-Cervelo could risk letting him go then this would be my choice for him, failing that it’ll be a Frenchie, Chavanel or Roy or Demoulan or Tommy V.. that kinda rider..

Off to CN for the feed. Clip clip…

crazy-legs

Difficult one to call today. That kick up will probably split things up a bit. Bunch will be nervous after yesterdays crash fest, weather is a bit shit. It might even be a day where a breakaway hangs on by the skin of its teeth although I reckon it’ll be one of the more “all-rounders” who can sprint. Vinokourov, Edvald Boassen Hagen, Philippe Gilbert. Wouldn’t rule out Millar or G either actually.

RealMan
    Free Member

Gaps at ~5 mins, so think they’re going to get caught. Weather’s cleared up too.

I do like those skoda ads on eurosport. Much better then the boardman ones on itv.

molgrips
    Free Member

Is Chavanel not poorly?

clubber
    Free Member

nah, he’s loaded. French housewives’ darling innit (after Voeckler, mind)

scaredypants

Sitting in at the back of the break – if they drag him up to Hoogerland they know he’ll just attack them so reduces the incentive to chase

Ah, I see – I though they meant physically impeding it somehow

warton
    Free Member

hmm, break is being pulled in far too quickly, i can see another one going and staying away. Ben Swift would love these parcours, maybe he’ll have a go.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah you are right warton. Still plenty left to happen I reckon.

Deffo a more interesting course than last year despite fewer possible wins for Cav, don’t you think?

clubber
    Free Member

Stoner – Member
    so all these uphill finishes to put the kybosh on HTC sprint finishes…right idea or a bit spiteful? (and indeed futile…?)

I think they’re great – Seeing Cadel and Bertie (GRRRR but…) going head to head so early in the race is brilliant – and as much as I’m sure Cav would love to win 10 stages, I reckon that the quality of yesterday’s win will count for several straightforward wins where he and the HTC train just blow everyone away (though I’m sure he’d still love one or two of those).

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive just seen an advert for Marmite Spaghetti Bolognese. I little bit of vom came into my mouth 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

Oh I’m sure he does value a dirty thrash for the line compared to a steam train pushing him over it.

What has been the change about mid course sprints that the commentators are referring to?

clubber
    Free Member

They’ve significant increased the number of points that they’re worth – from 6 IIRC last year for a win to 20 this year. Cav has previously just ignored the mid stage sprints (excepting a couple at the end of last year’s TDF when he was playing catchup)

headfirst
    Free Member

I’ve a feeling in my waters…EBH for the win.

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm, Cav out the back with Renshaw.. wonder if he can get back or is going to leave it..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Chavanel isn’t too well by all accounts..

Rethink required.. hmmmmmmm.. Rojas after his points deduction debakle yesterday.

Though looking at it it’s a bit Belgian this stage isn’t it.. Gilbert then… hmmm nah he’s protecting his GC..

Bob the Boonan (hahahaha)

French, the stage has to be French

crazy-legs

Weather is properly crap now. Looks like they’ve just eased up a bit but this is going to be a dicey finish.

warton
    Free Member

HTC are at the front,but is it for cav or goss? will they decide after the dig before the final km?

nsaints
    Free Member

Has this link been posted yet?

http://gaps.letour.fr/us.php

for those without TV or radio feeds

crazy-legs

They’re all just letting the two guys out front suffer – they’ll know exactly when to ramp it up to pull them back in then the speed will go mental!

Haze

I’ve a feeling in my waters…EBH for the win

8)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 6 [Possible Spoiler Content]’ is closed to new replies.