Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • TdF Stage 6 – A Beautiful Landscape [Spoilers]
  • jonba
    Free Member

When he first hit the scene all the talk was of his position. Look at him in those (stunning) side on shots and he practically has his nose on the stem where as others are much more upright. Must be an advantage at 35mph plus.

Also if he is small and lighter will his 1200W not accelerate him faster getting him the jump over the others. If he can then hold it then they won’t be able to get him back.

RickyRah
    Free Member

He can “only” produce a peak of around 1200watts – and thats mostly in training – Greipel can do over 1700watts. Cav however can maintain his peak for 15 seconds and the others, Greiple included about 2-3 seconds. So I think that his 2nd kick may just be the others deccelerating, not him accelerating.

I’m pretty sure Cav’s peak power is much higher than 1200W, probably closer to 1600W, but granted it will be signifiantly lower than the likes of Griepel. You only have to look at the photo from yesterday’s sprint to see where Cav’s advantage comes from.

brakes
    Free Member

Griepel must expend 500 watts of power just gnashing his teeth.

molgrips
    Free Member

He can “only” produce a peak of around 1200watts

Even I’ve recorded a peak of 1300W. Not for long mind 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

well der Griepmeister got the intermediate sprint ahead of Cav so his dander will be up.

Junkyard
    Free Member

aye he is good when Cav does not try his hardest 😉

steve_b77
    Free Member

Well that was what he said in the interview

RealMan
    Free Member

Horses for courses but it being more like having an actual team seems fair to me

Yep, velogames is the league for people who actually know what they’re doing, and makes it much more interesting. Means if riders crash or pull out it effects you a lot more, and you have to pick people on their previous form, rather then their form during the first few stages.

Griepel must expend 500 watts of power just gnashing his teeth.

😀

Loser League Code: 23092808

There’s a lot of talk about the wind, keeps reminding me of this..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1W5d32NkYU[/video]

I miss HTC.

soobalias
    Free Member

re fantasy leagues.
    if i was going to be involved, its on the pick a team and stick with it basis.
    in almost every incarnation that means you are doomed to failure as people pick the best team for the day/week
    didnt see that velogames was different, till the entries had closed 🙁

Junkyard
    Free Member

cav behind due to a crash but closing the gap…not sure he will make it

Junkyard
    Free Member

they slowed sportingly and now back at the back of the peleton 26 km o go
    Cav for the win

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Impressive watching Cav try and catch up. Think he’ll get back, but will hurt his chances in the sprint. Wonder if there are any other big names caught up?

tinsy
    Free Member

It looks hectic.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In his book when it refers tot he 2nd kick it’s more a reference to beig able to sprint flat out more than once in a day, not accelerate further in the last sprint. Examples like getting stuck at the back of the pelaton with 3k to go then having to sprint through the bunch, join a train and sprint again.

In the ‘traning and raceing with a power meter’ they refer to it as burning a match, a match being one interval. So cav can do 2 flat out sprint intervals, an average cyclist might beable to do 2 20min threshold in a session, a pro might do 5. Once you’re out of matches your power drops off a cliff the next interval.

RealMan
    Free Member

Urgh, Cav blocked. Sagan couldn’t find his way round Greipel’s fat ass.

brakes
    Free Member

oooof. told you his dander was up. even if the crash didn’t impact Cav, he’s got an excuse now. 8)

Junkyard
    Free Member

I suspect it took some out of him

molgrips
    Free Member

I missed that crash, did Cav have to make it back on his own?

RealMan
    Free Member

Pretty much. Quickstep got on the front and slowed it down a little though.

mudshark
    Free Member

Yep, velogames is the league for people who actually know what they’re doing

Well I disagree though I’m only doing Velogames this year as the other ones I did last year took a lot of effort and I didn’t think I’d be able to make the time this year. The one which has a limited number of changes over the whole tour was the best as you had to work out what changes to make when so you have the most appropriate riders available for the most number of stages. Really makes you study what’s going on and looking for good value riders as well as the obvious successful ones.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 6 – A Beautiful Landscape [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.