Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 261 total)
  • TdF Stage 18 – Sporting Stakes [Spoilers]
  • soobalias
    Free Member

contador and quintana to put just over 5mins into froome today

cricket on the radio all day
    cycling on the tv this afternoon

dilligaf about golf? no.

scaredypants

so what time should they arrive at Ad’H for the first time ?

rusty90
    Free Member

contador and quintana to put just over 5mins into froome today

About as likely as Belgium winning the Ashes.
    Booked into unmissable meetings all afternoon. Maybe I could resign at lunchtime?

ransos
    Free Member

Really looking forward to this. I rode up AdH last week, so now’s the chance to see it done properly. I wonder how long they’ll take?!

tang
    Free Member

….well its 30deg, and its the headmasters retirement service this afternoon. To be fair I might well of given her a day off anyway. Can you imagine the pain of sitting through a retirement service, on a day off, while they are on the Alp?

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Started raining at AdH already and more not forecast to stop all afternoon.
    The Sarenne descent isn’t dangerous, its a bit bumpy and narrow in places but its had lots of work over the last week.

On closed roads its fine, there are far more dangerous roads in the Pyrenees. A good descender could take advantage of it though, but they would still have a long way to go to the finish.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

so what time should they arrive at Ad’H for the first time ?

Stage 18 timetable:
    http://grassyknolltv.com/2013/tour-de-france/resources/timetable-18.pdf

Depends on how fast they’re going obviously, but they should be in Bourg D’Oisans at about 14:30-14:50

llama

Prediction time:

A big name going for glory from a long way out. Schleck? Was Evans saving himself yesterday? Has he ever attacked ever? Valverde? Bertie said something about planning something and that ‘we would know it when it happened’, I think he would do better to consolidate 2nd, but I suppose you never know.

With the rain I think Froome will loose time but not much. There is nothing in it for him to take risks. So it will be come down couple of contenders ahead (maybe having been out all day) with Froome dragging the rest up the final ascent.

damitamit
    Free Member

WFH today. Went for an hour’s road blast before work ‘start time’ in the sun and Eurosport HD will be on the big tv from 10.45 🙂

And i’ve got a good friend’s pre wedding party this evening. Shaping up to be a good day!

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Depends on how fast they’re going obviously, but they should be in Bourg D’Oisans at about 14:30-14:50

Thats the caravan, not the race.

wwaswas

this is stuck on the route;

oh well.

warton
    Free Member

Schleck? Was Evans saving himself yesterday? Has he ever attacked ever?

I doubt either of them will be able to put 20 minutes plus into anyone, let alone Froome or Contador.

Junkyard
    Free Member

brekaway – contador on the descent from Froome who then gets it all back on the final climb

I think he will still hurt the GC contenders if close enough tbh but he has little to prove now so he may let them take risks today knowing he does not really need to but conserve his lead and his place in the race

All over really unless he has a bad one whihc i cannot see
    His interview yesterday must have hurt when he said he was only trying to conserve his losses and yet he still won

tinsy
    Free Member

Junkyard, I just dont think Froome thinks that way, as has been said he is quite the animal on the bike, he covers every tiny manouvre, this may well be a bad thing, but so far he has not shown even a small weakness.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

The lorry isn’t stuck any more.

mogrim

Junkyard, I just dont think Froome thinks that way, as has been said he is quite the animal on the bike, he covers every tiny manouvre, this may well be a bad thing, but so far he has not shown even a small weakness.

Apart from getting dropped on the flat by Contador+team… (Not that it’s massively relevant for today’s stage, but it does show Froome’s not completely invulnerable).

Contador FTW. Froome to blow up and lose 5 minutes and the yellow 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

Is there anywhere that tells you the total amount of
    climbing on each stage?

Haven’t found anything reliable yet, although you can follow some of the guys who did the replica tour on strava and get extra data that way…

Here’s the full story on Evans

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/evans-scuttles-overall-hopes-in-favour-of-tour-de-france-stage-hunt

tinsy
    Free Member

You are right of course, but pretty calculated at the time.

I was thinking more of stage 9 when he was alone & still responded to everything.

brakes
    Free Member

I really wished they’d show a graphic of how fast they were going. More than just the motorbike camera showing his speedo when doing 100kph.

tinsy
    Free Member

TV, never manages to show speed too well, there was a short clip the other day where the camera appeared stationary (for a change) & the bunch were rounding a hairpin going up, it was steep, & they were flying.

swavis

Half day booked to watch too. The OH has even gone over to her mums with the kids so I can watch it all uninterrupted. *Win!* 😀

I’m hoping Voekler has been saving himself for this one, he’s the only one who hasn’t scored me a single point in my fantasy team! 😉

brakes
    Free Member

Interesting… Quintana has never ridden Alpe D’Huez. Surely a disadvantage?

wonnyj
    Free Member

Thats the caravan, not the race.

But the info sheet is in French, including a one hour time difference.

tinsy
    Free Member

Already talk of only doing ADH once if the weather plays a part.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Quintana has never ridden Alpe D’Huez. Surely a disadvantage?

Well he will have done by the time they come around for the second go aye !?!

peteimpreza

Here we go!
    KM zero!

atlaz
    Free Member

Booked into unmissable meetings all afternoon. Maybe I could resign at lunchtime?

Too late for Picolax?

swavis

Sounds like it’s kicking off early from the ticker feeds 😀

brakes
    Free Member

it’s all a bit frantic at the moment.
    everyone’s having a go!
    Froome has been deserted.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Shaping up to be a classic, attacks everywhere.

swavis

I’ll be in front of the TV in 20 min’s, can’t wait.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Evans out the back already? So much for that…

atlaz
    Free Member

I’m fed up of the Eurosport ads. I know all of them by heart now I think. I also have an issue with how the Festina bloke pronounces “Tour deeee Frooonce”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

On Cadel Evans

“If we’re going to have any chance of doing something in the stages ahead, I’m going to have to be a bit more recovered and back off today and see if there’s an opportunity tomorrow. If not, take it easy again in hope of coming around for one of the stages. It will be tricky but we’ll try,” Evans told the press as he warmed down after his time trial.

12:53
    Evans dropped by peloton
    Evans has been dropped before the top of the col de Manse.

llama

12:53 Evans dropped by peloton

Evans has been dropped before the top of the col de Manse.

Really not his tour

Waits for ITV at 13:00 ……..

atlaz
    Free Member

The GC contenders are really going to bugger the chances of a random rider getting a career making win today.

crazy-legs

Right, I might just nip off for an early lunch – our cafe has big TV with EuroSport. Might be a very long lunch… 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Anyone seen the l’Equipe article on Froome yet? Not seen any commentary yet.

40mpg

Where for ticker feeds?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The l’equipe article is quoted in the guardian link in my contacts froome post

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 261 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 18 – Sporting Stakes [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.