Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)
  • TDF Stage 17 – SPOILER!!
  • DaveGr
    Free Member

Was recording it to watch when I got home when a couple of people at work started commenting on live coverage from some web site !!!! They didn't even have the decency to say "spoiler". So I quickly threw the lap top in the drawer and headed off home early. What a stage 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

had a look at the "prologue" Wiggins took a 40secs out of Andy, the TT is almost 3 times the length!

Prologue (I'll ignore Contador!)
    Wiggins
    Kloden +3
    Armstrong +21
    Schleck A +41
    Schleck F +1:17

Now if we multiply those by 3 (I know it's not quite 3 times as long, but it's flatter than prologue, which should suit Wiggins a bit more, however much weight he's lost) and add to current GC times:
    Schleck A
    Wiggins +24
    Kloden +24
    Armstrong +29
    Schleck F +2:47

Should be kind of interesting – Wiggins could be anywhere between 2nd and 5th on the overall (can't see him not getting past Frank even if that prologue was a bit of an anomaly)!

Surfr
    Free Member

Just seen this from Bradley Wiggins on twitter. Anyone shed any light? I've been out riding all night and may have missed some news.

Di Luca, what a W****r! unbelievable

My use of stars.

EDIT: just saw this in the Wiggo thread

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/di-luca-positive-for-cera-in-giro

tankslapper
    Free Member

Don't get Di Luca at all – surely thats a four year ban! What a twit!

He'll be 37 by then so effectively career over! The big problem is that these are 'old' results, I believe that tests from this years Tour are being held back until the end/after – could make interesting reading!

On another front Kenny Van Hummel (lantern rouge) is out!! 😥

alpin
    Free Member

did anyone else Wiggins' slight fumble/stall at ~35km to go?

Wiggins was in amongst the forward pack with Armstrong keeping an eye on him, not wanting him to get close to Contador.
    Wiggins drifted slowly to the left hand side of the road. Armstrong checked this despite being in front and moved across too.
    Wiggins then appeared to stall on Armstrongs rear wheel loosing his tempo/rythm.
    it looked to me and others watching as though Armstrong dabbed the brakes or stalled his pedal stroke knowing that Wiggins was behind him.

tankslapper
    Free Member

alpin – I spotted it but didn't read anything into it frankly. That said perhaps its the professionals way of saying 'please go away old chap' 😉

anagallis_arvensis

Lance I used to admire, I thought he was a bit of a up himself knob, but well he's deserved arrogance. Now I think he's a complete ****. He's comments about Contador are very wrong headed.
    On the other hand Pellizotti is my new favourite rider, how can one man smile so much, even when coming second on a stage.

mcboo
    Free Member

you seen Lance's butterfly bike? Damian Hirst at his most twisted. Did he have to use real butterflies?

tinsy
    Free Member

Alpin yes I saw it, it looked like Armstrong did the equivalent of a brake check, however I don't think it was that way, Armstrong's bike was ghost shifting or slipping or something, it did it quite a few times in later part of the stage.

Viewing 9 posts - 121 through 129 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘TDF Stage 17 – SPOILER!!’ is closed to new replies.