Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • TdF Stage 16 – Six Hours On The Saddle [Spoilers]
  • lemonysam
    Free Member

That was great, made even better by my prediction being right for once…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hmm not sure about a Rogers win 😕 Good stage though. Can’t see much changing position wise over the next couple of mountain stages, only the gaps getting bigger. Sort of a shame the TT isn’t tomorrow as the gaps right now would make it very interesting.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nice interview with the winner, profound words seems a very likeable and humble guy

timb34
    Free Member

Can’t see much changing position wise over the next couple of mountain stages, only the gaps getting bigger

Given that no-one really expected Van Garderen and Bardet to blow up today (and Pinot to drop Mr Nibbles on a descent, wtf??), pretty much anything could happen in the next two days!

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Péraud go out the back. He hasn’t put a foot wrong yet, but he’s looked in so much pain every time he’s covered a Nibali attack. Hope not though.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Given that no-one really expected Van Garderen and Bardet to blow up today (and Pinot to drop Mr Nibbles on a descent, wtf??), pretty much anything could happen in the next two days!

Thought it was actually quite predictable (easy to say after the stage 😉 ). Think with van Garderen it was always a case of when and how baldy he was going to blow and whether he could limit losses enough to make back on the TT, and that last climb with a lot of gradient changes was predicted to be a bad one for him. As for Bardet, todays GC battle was always going to be Pinot vs Bardet, and he blew because of the pressure FDJ were putting on him. Pinot only dropped Nibbles because he was pushing for every second, Nibiali was just playing it safe and marking opponents.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Péraud go out the back.

Wouldn’t be surprised either. FDJ will definitely try and blow him out the back as he could easily take back a minute on Pinot in the long TT.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Was really hoping Valverde wouldn’t make it back on. Reckon Pinot can drop Valverde tomorrow? I bloody hope so!

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d love to see that. Don’t think Pinot can make enough time on Valverde over the next couple of days to hold him off on the TT though. He seems to be pretty handy at a TT these days, I think he just won the Spanish TT champs.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Don’t spoil the dream! Would have liked to see both young French lads punt him off the podium but one will do!

bob_summers

Don’t think Pinot can make enough time on Valverde over the next couple of days to hold him off on the TT though.

I suspect you’re right, but I remember Pinot putting in a decent time* in the (hilly) ITT in last year’s Vuelta. The course might suit him so fingers crossed!

*Edit, Pinot lost 40s over 40km to Valverde

mrblobby
    Free Member

I’d like to be wrong but I think Valverde’s going to go even better in the TT this year, given his strong form over the classics and his national TT win. Lot of power there.

Klunk
    Free Member

more time lost by Porte no longer leader in his own team, that honour now belongs to Thomas.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Good summary as usual over at inrng. Seems I’m not the only one who can’t enjoy a Rogers win.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 16 – Six Hours On The Saddle [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.