Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • TdF Stage 14 – An Appetiser [Spoilers]
  • yossarian
    Free Member

Bloody hell Rickos 🙂

crazy-legs

He said in the interview something vague and imprecise about the exact cause like “mechanical” iirc.

I suspect that saying “yes, my heap o shit Pinarello had cracked AGAIN” wouldn’t go down too well with the sponsors so at least he got the PR angle right.

Not seen any of the stage today apart from ITV4 highlights just now so been staying off Twitter and this thread.
    Shame about the tacks, the stage had the making of being pretty interesting for GC but the punctures just meant that everything got neutralised – hats off to Wiggins/Sky for that one, very sporting.

warton
    Free Member

Were they Karpets tacks?

Genius

Rickos
    Free Member

Thanks. The BBC don’t think so. They removed my comments from their news story. They let comments about Liverpool FC get published and then all the ensuing slanging that created, but a harmless joke about Vladimir Karpets’ tacks gets removed!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cycling/18849505

No sensayoomur some people. 🙄

scaredypants

Maybe he changed it in case there were bits of whatever was causing all the punctures stuck in his tyres. Much qyuicker to change bikes than 2 wheels, esp with that **** “right way up” method that Cadel’s team tried 🙄

Karpets tacks – splendid effort !

atlaz
    Free Member

Shame about the tacks, the stage had the making of being pretty interesting for GC

Nah, given they were together going over the top it was never going to break on a down and mostly flat.

atlaz
    Free Member

Not going to do much for his career that is it. Look over at team leader, realise he has a puncture, turn around and ignore it.

carbon337
    Free Member

few people in the industry mentioned sky may not be happy with the Pinarellos, talk of Merida next year, yep Merida… Who knows if thats true?

Biggest team, biggest bike manufacturer, i presume lots to be gained for Merida.

mudshark
    Free Member

Hmmm, from what I’ve read they’ve already agreed to ride Pinarellos in 2013.

aracer
    Free Member

The talk appears to have been about a switch to Specialized – though Pinarello confirmed for next year

http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/12243/Team-Sky-to-continue-on-Pinarello-bikes-through-2013.aspx

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Wiggins may be a legend but…

“But we’re out there, quite vulnerable at times, very close to the public on climbs. We’re just the riders at the end of the day and we’re there to be shot at, literally.”

Bet he’d rather have the tacks.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

TJVG is a joy to interview I bet!

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘TdF Stage 14 – An Appetiser [Spoilers]’ is closed to new replies.