Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • TDF route 2014..
  • willard

Yay!! Day three is just down the road from me in Cambridge. I think I will persuade my wife to let me go see it with the digital SLR and try and get some good photos…

mt
    Free Member

Swaledale and right past the Dales Bike Centre. Fantastic as Stu put some serious work into helping the bid. Since the announcement the walls inside the cafe have been painted Yellow, green and red peas.

It also goes right past my house, which is nice.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I was hoping Sutton Bank would be in, still good opportunities for 2 days viewing for me though!

takisawa2

🙂

My work mate has just asked if they are going through the channel tunnel…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Would make an epic strava segment the climb out the other side! IIRC the service tunnel is big enough to drive through so it’s not as daft as it sounds!

mintimperial

My mother-in-law asked the same thing. I contemplated telling her they used pedalos for that bit but thought better of it.

martinhutch

Looking like I’ll watch day one at the top of the climb just north of Buckden – easy MTB access, and day two on the aforementioned Col de Cringles.

marsdenman
    Free Member

I contemplated telling her they used pedalos for that bit

Now, that would make one hell of a time trail stage!

<is already quaking at the thought of just how much marketing mileage on-one will be screwing out of the Rotherham – Sheffield finish…. >

simonm
    Free Member

Langsett to Bradfield is going to be interesting. Stupidly steep & narrow roads with 180 hairpins

Interesting that a lot of roads were recently surfaced up there aye 😉

simonm
    Free Member

very chuffed, goes a past a couple of miles from home 😉

hora
    Free Member

It passes through where the heart is, the heart of Yorkshire Huddersfield. :mrgreen:

meehaja
    Free Member

i don’t know what to do and am getting exctied already! Do I watch the grand depart in Leeds (probably) then have a days riding and be in harrogate for the end of stage, or do I try and pick an interesting bit (or possibly a nice bit that I ride reguarly and camp out all day?

Likewise, day 2, I’m thinking probably top of the moor before the decent into hebden, but form there I’ve no chance of jumping on the train and getting to sheff for the finish have I?

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

It passes 100 yards from my house!

tk46hal
    Free Member

Me too Ben! 🙂

In fact, I will rent my house out for the weekend for £1000. 😉

MrSmith
    Free Member

are they doing it there because the locals never leave so would never have the chance to see it?

hora
    Free Member

To quote Yorkshire Airlines

‘If it aint in Yorkshire it aint worth visiting.’

jet26
    Free Member

Can’t wait to watch on the mighty moss. Or langsett. Or start of strines. Choices choices! Woodhead may be good at dunford turn off ish??

stevelolly
    Free Member

Anyone got any recommendations for a good caravan site on or close to the Yorkshire stages ?

hora
    Free Member

+1

ads678

It goes right past a campsite/caravan site in cracoe near skipton. Threplands house farm.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Anyone got any recommendations for a good caravan site on or close to the Yorkshire stages ?

Got four pitches still available in my garden, prime viewing a short ride away.

£40

jet26
    Free Member

There’s one at carlecotes close to south yorks stage – you’ll probably be able to see it across the valley on the wood head from the sire

simonm
    Free Member

Beaten to it…..

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That’s an interesting route on day 2!

Some beautiful scenery in Gods own County, and some absolute sh!t holes to pass through, I wonder how many of their bikes will get knicked in Keighley??

Looks like some nice short sharp climbs in to Sheffield.

Trout – are you going to put a bit of advertising down the road in Silsden?

trout
    Free Member

Dunk. thought I would dress up as a big fish , like the red devil guy

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘TDF route 2014..’ is closed to new replies.