Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • TdF pictures pt 1 (from the Big Picture site)
  • OCB
    Free Member

I know there are a hundred million TdF pictures on the go already, but in amongst all of the stuff that’s widely licensed out and on almost every [relevant] website, there are still a few here that I’ve not seen anywhere else (#9 & #31 worthy of a particular mention imo).

(The site that is hosting them – Boston Globe’s ‘Big Picture’ is usually a pretty solid resource for news photographs generally; they also cover sports / festivals / events and the like …).

flip
    Free Member

Very good, thanks.

OCB
    Free Member

‘Tis old news of course now… but Part 2 (of the photo-essay) is now up – over here.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Napalm
    Free Member

Christ on a cracker! What’s going on with that leg in #10? Is that Hincapie? And what is going on there?

Garry_Lager

Thanks for the links, fantastic pics.

What effect do they use to make #10 in the second set look photoshopped, for want of a better word? The riders seem so clear it looks unnatural.

OCB
    Free Member

Dunno! 😉
    No question it’s top-end hardware – Fast / accurate rendering engine (I’d guess full-frame too), very high-quality glass and a super-fast shutter for sure, plus lots of light (and right place, right time of course) – but I dare say it’s been enhanced in software anyway to help it burst off the screen like that.

The snapper credited in the text has a blog running off his own site with even more bicycle racing (and more) shots in it, and from different events too. He might mention a bit about his technique in there somewhere maybe, but there’s a lot to read … 😕

atlaz
    Free Member

This one is great:

Rochey
    Free Member

You are a star, cheers

Diane
    Free Member

Wow – fantastic photos of a fantastic tour! Great colours and scenery too. Thanks.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘TdF pictures pt 1 (from the Big Picture site)’ is closed to new replies.